Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas To All and to All a GREAT Night!

Well the day is almost upon us...in fact for intents and purpose it is! Tonight is the night that my children consider their favorite night...even better than birthdays!

A few years ago our family started a tradition that got combined with a family tradition that my Mom and Dad started. On Christmas Eve, my brother and I always got to open one gift. That gift was always the same but that NEVER stopped us from being excited about opening it. The gift is always brand new warm and cuddly pj's. At our house that tradition continues and we added a new one.

Along with having three daughters that are getting older and finding special people to share their lives with (boyfriends I mean) came the realization that they would eventually have to share the holidays with other families. To accommodate this and to make it easier to let go, we introduced a new tradition that makes the boys all come to our house on Christmas Eve. Yes, that's right....I bribe the men with what no man can resist! (Get your minds out of the gutter! It's Christmas!!!) FOOD!

On Christmas Eve we do Surf and Turf. It started out as steak and then one year crab legs were on special and since then they've become staple. When Matt (Jen's man) came into our family we found he was not a fan of either steak or crab legs so we added shrimp to the menu to keep him happy. This year Rory joins us and he eats all of that...no additions required. Brianne's boyfriend is a young East Indian boy that has never eaten steak...so tonight we will see if he likes any of our traditions....in the 4 months he's been around his favorite seems to be burgers....we may have to add a burger to the BBQ for Manic.

Yes a Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do to keep her babies around for at least one day of the season. I'm not ashamed that I resorted to this!!

After dinner we will open our pj's and a new family game that we will play until it's time to dream of sugarplums dancing in our heads!

So today, I take this opportunity to wish all my Blogger Friends and their families


MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

Happy Boxing Day!! I missed Christmas :-) I don't know what Boxing Day is but it's on my calendar...
Your Christmas Eve sound like a blast!! What great tradition!!

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home