Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Being a good girl for the holidays!


I was over visiting Kate this morning and she was very excited that she was able (because of an unexpected business trip) to decorate the family home for Christmas earlier than in the past! Kate's one of those people! Yes, I said it with that tone...one of THOSE people that loves the holiday season! She's all bubbly and festive and shit! Honestly, I'm not sure how we've managed to remain friends (and very good friends, might I add) for so long with such definite differences. Okay, well maybe I do know.....she's got a wicked sense of humour, she's kind to a fault and did I say she has a wicked sense of humour? You know the saying opposites attract....well, I could for all intents and purpose be her husband on this topic.

This year though,because I value the opinions of my good friends Kate and Colleen , I've decided to model my holiday thoughts and actions after them!

Tonight I will start by going to a {{choke}} mall and start to Christmas shop. I will have my shopping done before December 15th.

This weekend I will force the younger people in my house to remain home and create the wonderful atmosphere of Christmas by decorating the house. This will be done at the same time as I hog tie my husband to a ladder in my kitchen so that he can paint the kitchen! I can do all this because they fear me!! This is a good thing!!

Wish me luck!~! TeeHee!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Gem said...

I love shopping! My sister and I are going tonight while we have a chance without the babies. Then, tomorrow we will hit the stores again.Have fun and good luck!

5:19 pm  
Blogger B said...

you! shopping!

GASP!

<3 and miss you!

11:30 pm  
Blogger MP said...

I think I'm going to the (choke)mall tomorrow night. I need to buy some winter pants for myself and a have a coupon..this mall isn't near my house and they have a Scrapbooking store..I'll get my MIL a gift certificate or some crap and have her shopping done... I'm trying...really...

8:49 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

What the hell...I left a comment and it's gone. :O(

Let see, what did I say.

(insert tone) "one of those people"? Are you f'n kidding me.

Dear followers, despite the crusty exterior our beloved Linda has a seriously warm and squishy center.

Good luck shopping...I do believe that shopping after work during the week is your best bet. And I love the forcing of the Christmas spirit on the family.

Love you
Kate

Opposites....whatever.

10:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home