Monday, November 19, 2007

didn't even get into the stadium.....

This was a great weekend.

On Friday night we supped at an Italian eatery that was short on Fettuccine Alfredo (saving it in case someone ordered it for takeout), were totally out of spaghetti and Parmesan cheese and the wonderful pepperoncini's that are usually in their salads were totally being rationned as well. Truly disappointing. The company was good and that certainly made the evening entirely worthwhile!

On Saturday, the dog got groomed, the house got tidied, Aimee and I had breakfast together and then went and chose a couple of paint colours for our kitchen. We took the colours home, slapped the sample paint on the walls, made a final decision. The chosen colour is Benjamin Moore's CC-62 Sundried tomato. It's a deep warm red colour that just makes me SOOOO happy! Then I got a nap and then went for dinner to my good friend Colleen's. Again another great day!

On Sunday, my friend "B" came over to practice her pedicure giving skills on us. Ahhh, I finally understand the feeling the rich and famous people get from being pampered in their homes . There is something very cool about being able to sit on your own couch and have someone pamper your tender tootsies!

While "B" was there hubby arrived home from his football weekend away. It seems he had a great weekend but he didn't get in to actually see the game. He and another fellow that was in the gang of 6 that went, refused to pay $180 for a scalped ticket to a college football game! See I told you he was smarter than the other men in my past! So he enjoyed the game on t.v. in the comfort of some tavern in Ann Arbor Michigan. He had a great weekened with the guys! Seems like a long way to travel for a football game on t.v. in a bar! He could have just gone down to the corner and watched it for a small fraction of the cost of his little trip. He did have fun though and he brought me back a big bottle of Bailey's that he got at the duty free and he brought back some cash....all in all not so bad. p.s. Hubby didn't have the same feelings for the paint that I did...but I win and he will paint.

Aimee made 6 wonderful quiches for dinner on Sunday and we wrapped up the evening with the kids teaching me how to play poker. I could never profess to be ready for poker with outsiders but I enjoyed it and might even try and give the kids a run for their money sometime soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

It's ON mama dukes!!

I'm world poker champion 2008. You just wait. It's happening.

I agree about the excellent weekend.
Love you like crazy!

10:58 am  
Blogger MP said...

That sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend. I can't fathom going to an Italian resturant that runs out of pasta and cheese..that is not right.

Now you KNOW that hubby beeing in Ann Arbor watching the game is WAY different then watching in Canada..So if they didn't have a ticket why did they invite him, besides his company?? Cause there was an extra seat in the car??

11:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good fricking question....but none of them had tickets....just being stupid boys looking for an excuse to get away from their responsibilities for a weekend!

11:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home