Friday, November 16, 2007

You wanna go where?

Husband called me last night with another of his last minute invitation things from his buddy....yes, this is the same buddy that invited us to see Genesis with them because the people he had originally intended to go with backed out...remember it ended up costing us a fortune! It was a good time but had we been able to plan for it...well 'nuf said you know what I mean.

So this time Dude is inviting Hubby to a football game. Not just any football game, but a football game that requires 2 overnight stays away from home, conversion of currency and again leaving today Friday!

So because I am a softie and hate to see my hubby disappointed, he is off to Michigan to watch a Michigan State University Football game. I want you to know however that I did not give in without giving the grief that should rightly accompany the trip.

Here are my points:

1) why are you the fill in guy! I know this guy didn't just plan this trip last night! He's got a wife and two babies at home that I'm positive would not be so agreeable to last minute arrangements! Why are you not good enough to invite to these things in the first place? Why is it he's always calling you at the last minute?

2) we have alot of shit going on around here that could use your half hearted attention! Like the problem in the basement! The painting of the kitchen and the hallway...maybe finishing the stepup things on the doorways so people aren't stubbing their toes on ceramic tile!

3) it's 5 weeks till Christmas and you wanna spend how much going to Michigan for what? A football game??

He kept saying, "Well if we can't do it hun, I'll call him and tell him I can't go". Picture Eeyore saying "Oh bother" that's what hubby's face looked like!

Honestly People he sucks! He does this to me all the time! Calls me when I'm out and puts me on the spot!

Boys are dumb!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

...maybe the other guy thinks hubby wouldn't long term commit..that is kind of weird. I'm sure they will have a blast, last week we were at the University of Missouri football game..our games count. Michigan ain't goin nowhere this year..I don't even think they are in bowl contention. You don't give a damn about what I'm saying do you...are you still there??

OK...FYI, I have never been to Michigan but heard it is beautiful and cold.. Make sure he packs his hat and gloves :-)

9:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home