Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Look to the Future

I have been known to keep abreast of current events. I'm led there by default in my search for the daily crossword. Good headlines have a tendency to pull you in and make you read the article and this one caught my eye:

Why your children may never leave home by Jennifer Wells a columnist for the Toronto Star.

Jennifer's story could have been mine! Go here to read and substitute "Three Boys Inc" with "Three Girls Inc."

See what I mean! It's so totally me. So I got to thinking. What exactly will my girls have to do to someday own their own home?

Aimee and I have talked about doing the joint thing. You know what I mean....big house with a little in-law suite for Rob and I to last out our days when we are old and can't do anything anymore (you know , next year!) We definitely saw that as a possibility but we also saw that it might be problematic in some areas.

So instead of the morning crossword...I head over to the MLS real estate listings and have a boo to see what's out there. Real Estate is booming and housing prices are so high in our area. Now I know it's a little early to be worrying about all of this..but they are my "Three Girls Inc" and despite what Jennifer Wells the columnist may be contemplating...well this just isn't an option for me. My girls will always be welcome in our home, even when their 40!

Then it hit me as I dig through my wallet for change to put in for the lottery (this week the prize is a sweet 20 million) I guess I should stick a couple more bucks onto this one and hope for the best!

Just Imagine! hmmm, a post for another day!

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

You do know that I lived w/ my mom and dad until I was 30...yep..

5:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home