Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thank Heaven's for 4 day weeks.....

The last couple of weeks have been a mixture of work and travel for work, family and entertaining family...and celebrating things to be thankful for.

I thought it appropriate on this wonderful Thursday to make a list of the things I'm thankful for.
  1. my family- okay that seems pretty lame when I put it like that, I mean everyone is thankful for their family aren't they? Alright, maybe not everyone. I, however, am! I have two great, healthy parents that I've finally realized love us for who we are even though they don't approve of everything we do...I'm 44, it's about time I realize that, don't you think? I have 3 great kids that have made me proud to be a Mom. They make me laugh, cry, pull my hair out and I now realize that they are infinitely smarter than me...they already know I love 'em no matter what! Last but not least...see I did these in the order that they affected my life....my wonderful hubby. He makes me laugh, makes my heart sing when I look into his eyes and my skin tingles when he hugs me or brushes my hair away from my eyes.
  2. my friends- I have the very best friends a girl could ever ask for. I have Hubby and he's my bestest bff. I am thankful for Colleen. She makes me laugh, makes me cry..she makes me feel! I know that she's there for me to call before pool and just go over and hang at her house. We are comfortable together. I can tell her anything and she gets me! She's funny, she's smart and she's the kindest gentlest soul hidden behind a fun bitchy exterior...i guess alot like me...soft and squishy on the inside and tough on the outside (kind of). I am thankful for Dawn. Dawn is always late, but worth the wait. Dawn is always the voice of reason. Dawn is always calm and strong! Dawn is the best BINGO player I know! Dawn makes me smile and she makes me laugh. I have a bunch of acquaintances that I play pool with, work with and blog with... people that listen to and read my trivial little thoughts and don't tell me they don't wanna hear it anymore...for them I am also very thankful!
  3. my job- yup, I'm thankful for the folks I work with, for the clients that teach me new things everyday and for the paycheck that pays the bills
  4. my home-the great money sucking fixer upper is my wonderful house! I love my little house. It truly is a home where, I believe, people feel comfortable coming over to mostly untidy home. They hang out, tell their secrets and above all they laugh! Notice the common thread in the people and things I surround myself with....LAUGHTER! I love to laugh!
  5. my pets- yes FLD and LTD make me laugh as well. LTD is not only leaking all over the place but something is dying inside her and it's trying to make it's way out in gaseous form leaving behind the worst farts that anyone has ever smelled, even she leaves the room after doing it. FLD had a hayday with the turkey carcass this past holiday. We thought we were careful and put the garbage out after cleaning up out thanksgiving dinner but it appears as though FLD stole the turkey carcass out of the garbage when we were eating and hid it in two pieces in her mom's laundry basket for future chewing fun.
  6. my crackberry-'nuf said....I just love it!
  7. pumpkin pie-yum
  8. extension cords- they keep shit working when you can't figure out what's happening in the fusebox. That's important stuff!
You know there are many other things that I am thankful for but damn work is getting in the way and I have to do some....

Have a great day and THANK HEAVEN for 4 day work weeks cause Friday...here I come!

5 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Love you too!!!

9:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow growing up are ya LOL
It was a great thanksgiving
Are we seeing you this week end ?
mom

3:15 pm  
Blogger MP said...

A little Thanksgiving brings out the best in us doesn't it?!

It's good to count our blessings..it especially helps when we're in a bitchy mood..a little reality check!

10:39 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Sounds like a good list of things to be thankful for.

11:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home