Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekends make me wish for more weekends!

Do you ever feel like that? When you sit down at your desk on Monday morning...well, the only thing you can think of is how fast to the next weekend?

This week is going to be especially long because next weekend we Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving and it's a 3 day weekend with Monday as the holiday.

This past weekend the whole family (yes all three girls were in attendance, a definite rare occasion on the weekends) went out for dinner at this really nice Chinese restaurant called the Mandarin. I had never been there...the food was pretty good. Of course when we got home all of the girls scattered to random points of the earth with their boys and I retired to my usual Friday night position...lying on the couch catching up on my TV.

Saturday morning up early to give Hubby his weekend exercise (get your minds out of the gutter!!) doing the on-line crossword puzzle. In the afternoon, Aimee and I attended a baby shower for Heather. I would point to her blog but what would be the point? Her last blog was last January, promising to be a better blogger! The shower was fun and there are so many fun new things out there!

Saturday evening...all girls out again leaving hubby and I alone together again with me in my favorite location, the couch and hubby inviting a friend over.

Sunday morning, up early to exercise hubby's brain again and then off to pick apples. We got alot of great apples. Honey Crisp just came into season and Red Delicious and Mac's are usual favorites at our house. I also picked up some Blossoms (little individual pies) for people to feast on when the dessert need strikes.

All in all a great weekend that makes me wish it were next weekend!

This weeks going to be a busy one. I'm off to the great North on Thursday, Thunder Bay is the destination. It's about 950 miles due north west of where I live. It's a quick turn around though, fly in on Thursday and out on Friday afternoon!

Hope your weekend was good and your week is better!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Mmm pie...good thing Thanksgiving's right around the corner!

8:07 pm  
Blogger MP said...

There are just not enough hours in the day!! I want to go to pick apples..it's a little late...I want to go to the pumpkin farm too! We're in Kansas City this weekend for a HUGE ASS BBQ tournament, the BIL has a team Brew N BBQ..catchy huh?

Travel Safe..Happy Turkey Day

9:03 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Thanks for coming this weekend. Hope you had a good time. It was nice to see you.

11:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home