Monday, September 03, 2007

ARGHHH!

I hate this time of year! It's that time of year when you have to start negotiating with your children about what is a reasonable home time! School starts tomorrow after all!

My argument-"Home for 9pm. You need your beauty rest! All right, yes you are already pretty cute but come on it's been a long summer of very late nights and although you have not pushed the limits of my patience once this summer (compared to last summer that's pretty good!), yes I know you are going to be 17 soon! What does that matter? I'm going to be 45 soon and I know that everyone needs beauty rest!"

Her argument-"Mom! I'm going into grade 12, I should be able to come home a little later! I've got my books ready, my laundry is all done and Manik doesn't have to be home till 10! Don't even say it! I know you aren't Manik's mom! Thank God for that, cause that would be gross! Please, can I be home for 10pm? Alright around 10, since he'll need 5 minutes to get home. 'K, Bye see you at 10" as she walks out the door

Hey, I didn't say 10....too late, she's gone!

The youngest daughter has started dating. 'Nuf said right! That's right, I've given in again!

I'm such a loser!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

Back in the olden days I wasn't allowed out on a school night..at all...I could go out after school but I had to be home by supper time. Now the weekends...that was another story!

9:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home