Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Never thought I would be doing that!

On the weekend we went to the Exhibition. It's kind of like a city version of the fall fair. You know rides, vendors, good greasy quality food and such.

Every year the girls and I go so they can partake of the damn fine deals they get in the various buildings. Every year they come away with new clothing for school on a very slim budget and every year I drool over the hot tubs. I want a hot tub. I know that hot tubs are an expensive investment, I know the expense to upkeep them is significant but I also know the healing benefits of the wonderful big bathtub with jets that knead away the stiff and soreness of the the day!

This year was going to be the year. Rob and I had discussed it last year. Then over the winter the car started to sputter and the roof started to leak and damnit there went the hot tub!

The car is in getting fixed as I sit here to the tune of $2,000 and well the roof will be about the same plus a little more. I hate attempting to be a responsible adult and refusing to go into debt for the luxury items that I sooooo want!

Anyway my point here is I try and be responsible and very rarely do I splurge on anything for myself at the Ex...usually I do the internal sulk..."If I can't have the hot tub, I don't want anything!" This year, I bought myself something that I can honestly say I never thought I would!

Can you guess what it was? Nah, you'll never guess cause I have been adamant that I would never pay the money for that!

I bought these:
Yes they are even this color as this was the only colour they had in my size! Yes, they are pink and orange and they are honestly the most expensive pair of plastic sandals I've ever bought!

They were worth EVERY penny!

Another thing that I never thought I would be doing was dropping my kid off at the airport to go to Australia for 10 days without me! A trip to Australia is what we planned to do if we ever won the lottery.

That's all good though, since now she can take pictures, get the lay of the land and let us know if it's worth the 28 hour travel time. I mean since they've grown up we've all said we'd love to do Asia as well so...a little change of plans never hurt anyone!

So for the next 10 days I'll be a little cranky as I miss one of my brood....but she'll be having the time of her life and showing off her smarts in a land down under!

Could NEVER be prouder!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

its okay 5 days to ribs!!!

8:55 am  
Blogger MP said...

I have crock flip flops..and they are worth every penny! Did you know they have fur lined crocs for the winter..???

I've always wanted a hot tub too..I understand your desire. We figure we're not staying in this house forever. I really hope to get one in the next 10 years.

9:03 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

I want a hot tub too and a cottage...maybe a hot tub at the cottage. Shit I should have been a doctor and not a social worker.

Crocs are wonderful...I should have got a pair of flops for the summer...I only have the Clogs I got for christmas. Really the best things ever...wish I had them when I was preggers....next time!

She'll be home soon...

10:16 am  
Blogger Aimee said...

Um, for one thing, I am super-pissed that I'm missing ribfest. I've been looking forward to it since last year. Second...almost nothing is worth that flight. With airport waiting etc it took us 34 hours to get here. I'll let you know if it's worth it after I do some more exploring, but so far I say stay where you are.xoxox

11:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home