Friday, November 09, 2007

it's my life....part two

So where did we leave off....oh yeah, two kids, no hubby and me trying to finish up at college.

In my last year at college I met "illiterate idiot #2". He was extremely attractive, very persuasive and he had a dark side. The fact that we could barely communicate should have been the first clue that he would be good for a good time and not a long time. He was of Portuguese descent, dark and extremely handsome and he was definitely convinced that I was the one!

By this time I had been alone for a couple of years, the kids I went to school with were all years younger than me and besides I had 2 young kids that took up what spare time I had. Again, I was looking for someone to love me, pay attention to me, tell me I was beautiful! He did all those things for me (later I found out he did the same for others, yes at the same time!) Next stop, daughter number 3! When I was in the final stages of pregnancy it came time to start trying to pick names and I was torn between Natalia and Bronwyn. I soon ruled out Bronwyn because he couldn't say it and then ruled out Natalia because apparently, that time he disappeared for a weekend, he was off assisting his other girlfriend in the birth of their daughter whom they named Natalia! Baby # 3 came into the world while he was out boozing it up with his buddies I think cause he wasn't at the hospital and the older girls were with a neighbor. Yes, this was my life! During this time I was fostering two little girls and it came time for them to go back to their Mom. This was a sad time for us to say goodbye to Sandy and Miranda who had been a part of our family for some 2 years. Anyway, things just went from bad to worse and when I got a job to support my growing family (cause hell knows he couldn't hold one) it was in a neighbouring community that turned out to be that much closer to my Mom and Dad.

So, I did what came naturally! I packed up my kids and "illiterate idiot #2" and moved back to my home town. Another city, another fresh beginning! Within a year, youngest baby 18months old , I found myself alone again except now with 3 little girls to support! Not to worry though because I had always been the one to struggle with the supporting part! My parents again stood by me while I figured things out.

Thankfully this was the BEST thing that ever happened to me! I was finally rid of the illiterate idiots in my life and grown up enough to realize that although I would perhaps meet other idiots...I was never having anymore babies and I was never supporting another man's stupid ass! That was 16 years ago. My girls do not know the "illiterate idiots" that are their biological fathers. The oldest girls haven't seen theirs since they were around 8 years old (they are 25 and 24 now) and except for the annual call after they turned 18 to see if he could stop paying the $100 a month he payed for child support we haven't heard from him. The baby (now 17) has no idea what her dad looks like as she's not seen him since the day he walked away with our car and stereo and whatever else he could fit in the vehicle and we all say "GOOD RIDDANCE"!

This was to be the last territorial move my family made but not the last big family change.....oh the stories....

stay tuned for part 3 "how the guy that rented the extra room became the Love of my life"....

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Holy Crap, Linda!!! You've mentioned over the years the dumb men and some of your hard times, but I had no idea about some of this!!!

It only makes me admire and adore you more!!!

10:51 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Lol...Looking forward to part three, even though I know how it ends...it's still a great story.

3:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home