Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wow that's some expensive cookie!

Last year Colleen and I made a day where we got together to bake for Christmas and we decided that we would do two of whatever we were making and share. That would then provide us with double the types of goodies and a fun way to spend a day together. This year we opened it up to other folks and Aimee and Dawn decided to join us.

Yesterday Aimee and I went to do groceries and get the items at the bulk food store we needed for our get together as it's coming quickly.

This year I am making butter tarts (Colleen's hubby likes them alot and so does my family), sugar cookies (Aimee likes them a lot and they are good to have around at holiday time) and raspberry jam thumbprint cookies..(it wouldn't be Christmas without them!, my Mom used to make them for us and they have to be my favorite cookie!).

Aimee has chosen to go into the realm of new and exciting. She's young and adventurous and maybe just a little on the snotty side (LOL, shhhh! don't tell her I said so!)(Aimee, Mama loves you!). She's decided to make Biscotti! I don't know about you but I always think "Ooowww biscotti at $2.50 a pop, that there is for rich folks, not me, the little old poor person" Aimee worked at one of those specialty coffee shops all through high school and she used to bring us home the day old baked goods like muffins and such but since biscotti has such a great shelf life (like 3 weeks) there was never any of this coming home for us. Anyway, back to our shopping spree for biscotti ingredients...we went to the local bulk food store to buy the nuts and dried cranberries that Aimee needed and walked out with the most expensive plastic bag of groceries I have ever bought!! Now I know why they charge $2.50 per cookie at those stores!

I'm so very excited about having biscotti in my house that I might even go buy one of those tall glass biscotti jars to put on my counter so that I can show everyone that comes that we have come along way and can now be classified as people that eat $2.50 cookies as a regular item. That's right Folks....biscotti is not just for treats anymore!!

2 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

YUMMMMMMM

11:38 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

I cannot wait to try a sample at my emotional eating visit. A rich cookie will go nicely with everything else not nailed down...lol

Happy Baking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home