Monday, December 03, 2007

Warm and Lovely.....and fricking expensive, what a busy weekend!

All the painting was done in the kitchen with care! It's beautiful. It's warm and lovely and makes me feel happy!

Hubby hates to paint but he does it to shut me up! He is actually pretty good at it but because he can't be perfect at it, he hates it!

I'm not a perfectionist. I appreciate the effort that people put into things and therefore can't find it in me to be critical especially if they are doing it as a favour and not professionally. Now if I hired someone...that's a different story, I would demand perfection.

This is a perfect example of something that I would demand perfection on!

On Sunday we went to get Hubby an outfit for my Christmas party. Hubby is not your standard sized guy. He's got really short legs and arms for a man, but he also has a long torso. So he's your average size guy in height....5 foot 9 inches, but not in a regular fitting way. Anyway, after an hour and a half of trying things on he finally chose two sport shirts and 2 pair of pants (charcoal grey and black). Now keep in mind that Hubby is a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy. He hates to dress up and anything with buttons and a collar is considered dress up. This is the conversation we had in the store:

Me: That looks great on you, are you sure you're going to wear it?
Him: Of course, it feels good. I look good!
Me: Yes, Yes you do! I would be happy if you'd dress like that more often!!!
Him to the sales assistant: Yup, these two pants, these two shirts and the black suspenders.

We go to cash out, pay extraordinary amounts of money for the goods and the alterations and then have this conversation in the car:

Me: YOU my Husband are a spoiled brat. You remind me of our youngest daughter!
Him: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING?
Me: You are spoiled. We just spent an extraordinary amount of money on clothes that I don't think you will ever wear except to social functions at my work and that's once a year! It cost about $60 just to have them altered to fit you properly and you probably won't wear them more than once!!!
Him: Well, you spend money on clothes!
Me: Yeah, but I wear them!!! I would have been more comfortable buying you the one pair of pants and a shirt that you needed for Friday and then going to wherever and spending the rest on 5 t-shirts and 2 pairs of jeans! You Sir, are a spoiled brat and I will find formal occasions for you to dress up, just so that you wear those outfits! When you go to pick up the clothes on Thursday night you need to bring your good shoes and try them on again to make sure the alterations are all good and don't even think about leaving the store if they don't fit you perfectly! We paid as much for alterations as I pay for a good outfit!!!

It really went on for a bit longer than the above but he got the point!

When we got home he bragged to the girls about what he'd gotten and they looked at him with a confused look on their faces and asked a great big "Why???"

He got the point from them as well!

On another note....the Christmas tree is up and decorated and like my kitchen it is warm and lovely!

Tis the season!

4 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

:-) LOL!!

When you describe hubby you make him sound kind of like gumby...I'm cracking up over here w/ his long arms and short torso. :-)

I need a new outfit for the Christmas party!! Damn I need to go shopping.

5:08 pm  
Blogger MP said...

http://bbmpsecondjournal.blogspot.com/2007/12/new-memeive-been-tagged.html

HEY>>>GET TO BLOGGING SISTER I TAGGED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:14 am  
Blogger B said...

LOL! too funny!


miss you guys! <3

9:56 pm  
Blogger Lucky Gem said...

Funny that your husband paints to make you happy. I can't tell you how many rooms in the two houses we have lived in that I have asked him to paint. I always help! This last time we bought a power paint roller. It is nice to paint with one of those!

3:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home