Wednesday, December 12, 2007

He Doesn't Really Hate Me !

He's just saying that because I am a slave driver and he is my slave!

Alright, maybe looking at me is making him crazy these days. All he can think of is the enormous amount of work that I am creating for him.

But let's think clearly on why this always happens at this time of year.

  1. In the summer there are always better things to do than paint. He rides his bike, he takes the dog on long jaunts, he sits in the backyard and drinks beer and listens to bad music!
  2. In the summer, I make him cut the lawn, water the garden, wash the cars, blow the driveway clean of all the grass clippings. That was the deal....he does the outside and I (the girls and I) take care of the inside.
  3. In the summer the days are longer and warmer and precious weekend time is taken up by doing the fun things that I mentioned above and he didn't want to paint then!
  4. I work all summer at priming him for the things to come! It's not like I just sprung it on him! All summer I said...."I'd really like to get my kitchen and hallways painted! We have been here almost ten years and it's never been done before!" Now that's what I call advance notice!
Honestly, I think I'm a very good wife where the "honey do list" is concerned. I don't change my room colours like some change their wardrobes! I'm very good about it! It took me 9 years to figure out a kitchen colour. I haven't bitched that the baseboards in the basement still aren't done! (I did however go out and find them and now will buy them and have them installed after Christmas along with the framing of the doors that he installed in the basement!) All of this will be done with the immensely expensive tools that I have bought and intend to put under the Christmas tree for him this year!! I enlist my talented daughter Aimee to assist wherever possible. She doesn't procrastinate, she just plans and then she gets it done! See kitchen floor for proof of that and in all honesty...she is the reason the basement actually got done! She painted 23 hours straight to ensure that we could use that room for Christmas! She is the WonderChild!! Every mothers dream kid!!

So here is the "Before Christmas Party Dec 21st Honey Do List"
  • install the painted baseboards in the kitchen (I will finish painting them tonight so they will be ready for the weekend)
  • paint the hallway
  • install the pieces that will transitions ceramic to hardwood
  • find a place for the stereo so that it's not on my coffee table!
  • replace the carpet on the basement stairs
That's it and he's welcome to enlist any help he can get to get these things complete!

Somebody call him and tell him to stop fricking whining and get to work!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

slavedriver!!! :-) LOL

4:46 pm  
Blogger Aimee said...

Mama Dukes, you make me blush :)

Glad you appreciate the things I try to do!

As for Saturday, I say "Get 'er done!"

8:19 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

LMAO...at least yours will do it!

Look forward to seeing the finished product

9:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home