Thursday, February 09, 2006

My granddaughter hates me!

Yesterday, Being a good Grandmother I took my granddaughter in to get fixed. NOW SHE HATES ME! Her mother does not have to deal with any of the repercussions of this event! Her mother will be greeted at the door with much love and excitement!

Last night was most traumatizing. I have never felt this way about an animal before. When we took Kilo in to get spayed, well the excitement was mine! We had just experienced her having a litter of 9 of the most adorable pitbull puppies and they were so messy! I was filled with glee at the thought that this would never happen to me again! I was totally unfazed by her glassy eyed, wobbly ass when we brought this 60 pound puppy machine home from the vet!

For Hunny it was different....she's all of 5.5 pounds (note the dot in between the 5's folks..) She's not my dog! She would not even look at me when the nice veterinarian's assistant brought her out to me. In fact she peed on me. The whole time I held her in my arms and cuddled her little shaky body she looked at the floor. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. When we got home, she couldn't get away from me fast enough. Her little eyes roamed the room for someone to save her from the horror that is her Grandmaman. Her ears perked at the sound of her Aunty Brianne running up the stairs to rescue her! She reluctantly slept with me last night(I was the only one that would have her, Aunty needs her sleep you know and well, Mommy, had run off to deal with all the stupid people at school!) This morning she woke to less nausea and although she still wouldn't look at me, she did eat two full handfuls of food from her Grandmothers loving hands. Yes folks, that is a true love of a grandchild...I didn't even hand feed my babies when they were 7 months old! Throw that piece of KFC on the high chair tray and good luck to you! LOL, okay maybe that was just a dream or maybe it only happened once..I don't remember.

I guess I'm going to have to go home early from pool tonight and suck up to the dog.
Oh that is just so WRONG in so many ways!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Oh mama dukes, I would have been happy to be peed on. Wish I was there to give you and Hunny a cuddle and make you feel all better.

Thanks for taking care of my baby.
Lots of love,
Thinking of you both
*hugs and kisses*

DD#2

9:14 pm  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Ah, the grand baby. Way to keep a stiff upper lip for the common good. They are just so damn cute when they are that small. I swear my mother treats Zoey like a queen.."mama's sweetheart", is all you can hear throughout the house.
She too hand feeds the dog.

Too much.

9:14 am  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Very funny post. Dogs are so human really!!!

12:08 am  
Blogger B said...

Linda that's so sad!

I'm sure that once Hunny feels better, she'll forget that grandma even took her to the bad plac--I mean, the vet ;)

11:47 am  
Blogger B said...

and because I forgot to add it as a PS on the last comment, here it is.

Jack Johnson just did the entire soundtrack to the Curious George movie that's coming out, and it's nothing short of a-mazing--especially the song "upside down"

11:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home