Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Puppies, Parties and Pushovers

So, if you follow the life of my lovely daughter #2 Aimee, you will no doubt by now be aware that she has adopted her first child. This,of course, kind of makes me a Grandma...not sure how I feel about that tagline! Anyway, her first child comes to her in the form of a 6 1/2 month old Yorkshire Terrier, lovingly named Hunny.

This puppy came early, when we first discussed the adoption process it was to happen in the month of March, closer to Aimee being finished her final year of University. Well, puppies are cute and older partially trained puppies are even cuter! So there it is...Welcome Hunny!
Hunny is approximately 4 pounds, she stands approximately 8 inches from the floor. She has the attitude of a pitbull! Her favorite toys are bigger than her and she has attempted to descend the stairs more than once with her babies in her mouth...unsuccessfully might I add. Let's just say puppy ass over teakettle every time, which now leads to the "Grandma I can't make it down the stairs...I'm afraid, come get me " whine! And we must have all of our toys on the same floor of the house in which we are playing! Hunny gets up the stairs, no problem! Getting down is a slight problem.

Well, Hunny is settling in well. She sleeps through the night, she's found the paper and is learning to follow Kilo outside to do business as well, she's learned that a pitbull's food is not to be stolen or a paw in the head is what you get! She's learned to beg just as well as Kilo. She is quickly satisfied with a piece of raw carrot.(carrots are good for her teeth!)
She is settling in just fine! Her Mom calls twice a day at least to check up on her and once a day to check up on me! Thank goodness for long distance plans!

So on the matter of parties....A friend of ours that attended our New Years Eve get together, has asked if they can borrow our house to host a birthday party. That attests to the beauty of my lovely basement I think! It also gives me a reason to do the complete "Clean Sweep" of the house...you never know where folks may wander you know! So you may be asking yourself, why? Why has this happened, that your house is being used as the local gathering house? BECAUSE I AM A PUSHOVER! That is why! Now these folks can have the nice clean venue to start and not have to worry about the after affects of the party. They will offer to help out after and I will say "Don't worry about it" in my best Italian accent! This is how it happens! It is true, I don't mind! In fact, I truly enjoy having guests and I totally understand their dilemma. They don't really have a place to call their own. She lives in a small basement apartment and he lives at home with Mom and Dad. And anyway...some would say I am the Hostess with the Mostess! LOL.

So, I think next years resolution should include something that covers puppies, parties and being a complete pushover.

3 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

I really love how GRANDMA has custody of the baby. Hmm funny how that worked out.

And yes you ARE a pushover. But I've done the same things to my friends because my house isn't large enough to entertain. I did a Super Bowl party a couple years ago..and they haven't asked me to do one again, since they don't want to sit on the floor! :0)

1:50 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh!
That puppy is SCRUMPTIOUS! That is one of my favorite dogs, paws down.

I hear you about the clean sweep thing. The only time i clean properly is when people are coming over.

5:24 pm  
Blogger B said...

what a cute puppy!!! i used to have one like that when i was little. my dad named him pogo because he was always jumping around.

if my landlord wasn't mean, i'd get another one

12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home