Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

We had our first gathering of friends in the new basement. Our friends that had been here before were amazed at the change. They even liked the colour that Hubby and Brianne were led to believe they picked.

So the last evening of 2005 was supposed to be a small gathering of around 10-12 people and suddenly there were at least 30!

A great time was had by all, so much that we forgot to take pictures until the end of the night when things were wrapping up and most had left or were leaving, sometime around 2.



Christine and Brian



Nadine, Chris and Mark just chilling




But best of all,while my youngest was at her friends this week, she called and asked if she could put a few pink streaks in her hair. Sure I said! What could it hurt? Well she came home unexpectedly New Year's Eve ( a great choice, leaving a bad situation) and this was what she looked like.



Yes Mom, it's pink. It's the new black you know! It's one of those dyes that washes out in 12-14 washes, but something tells me it might be more like 30-40 washes. We'll see. I been pushing for her to wear something other than black. I guess I still haven't learned to be specific enough!

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Thanks for a fun evening Linda. Although we weren't there to welcome in the New Year with everyone, we still had a great time.

And the basement...looks fantastic!!! Hats off to Rob and the girls!!!

10:18 am  
Blogger B said...

When my sister was in London this past summer, she called my mom and asked if she could "highlight" her hair. When she stepped off the plane in Chicago, it looked like she had Rainbow Brite color it with her magic stars. At least you got one color. I thought my mom was going to have a stroke right on the tarmac.

I found your blog through Heather and I like it--gives me something new to read :)

5:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home