Monday, December 19, 2005

I have no patience, I have no money....My Family loves me and can't stand the thought that Mom might just cancel Christmas

One week till Christmas and the basement is coming along. The final coat of mud went on the newly dry-walled masterpiece and the dimmer switch was installed. I sat for ten minutes lovingly moving the switch up and down and admiring the various lighting scenarios! "OMG, what an ass!", you might say! "Can't you find something more productive to do with your time?" you might ask! Yes, I probably could, but frankly this process has been so long and drawn out that I dare anyone to come right out and say it to my face!

Today, my oldest children and their significant others, are at home sanding, cleaning and priming the walls in our new family room. I believe that this is because I have threatened to cancel Christmas, possibly New Years and proceed with funeral arrangements if this sucker ain't done soon! I have been told that they believe they can get all of the painting done, floor installed, room re-filled with furniture and a Christmas tree up and decorated by Christmas Eve.

If I had any money, I'd place bets that it just ain't happening! In the mean time, I will go to work and cheer the young people on from the sidelines!

Cheers! TTYL

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Never underestimate the power of young people. They don't have the aches and pains that us old bitches have, Linda. I wouldn't be surprised if they done did what they set out to do.

5:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I just had a dimmer switch put in and I did the same thing.Must run in the fammily.Mom

6:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home