Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Birthday Celebrations!

I have always been told that if you find one good friend in your life you are very lucky. Well I am truly blessed! I have a number of people in my life that I would consider GREAT Friends! I have two male best friends, one of them being first and foremost my hubby! Hubby is a Donk but he is my Donk and I would not trade him in for all the tea in China or all the money in the land!! He is that guy! The one I will be rocking on the front porch with (when we get one..a bone of much contention in our house) in 40 years. Mark is my other best boy! He's the guy that gives me a much needed perspective on how Hubby thinks some days, he encourages me and looks to me for encouragement (after consulting with his other best friend, his wife!) We've always had a special place in our hearts for the other and I'm sure that we always will.

Todays post is about the Ladies in my life! I have TWO, yes TWO very special ladies in my life! They both have very special and unique qualities and with all people in life they are special to me for different reasons. My friend Dawn is smart. She challenges my mind with clever thought processes on happenings of the world around us. In some ways we are very alike and in some ways we are very different. We both love to play pool, we both love to go to Bingo...we both find that Bingo is a mindless distraction that allows us to think of nothing and float into a world of cursing at the caller and questioning the fashion skills of all the other Bingo players that look nothing like us..because frankly we are hip, well educated, well dressed women that use Bingo as a way to satisfy our need to gamble in a moderated atmosphere. I mean really one can only play so many cards. Dawn and I see each other as much as 3 times a week and often our significant others join us as they too get along with each other. Usually a good time is had by all!
My other best buddy is Colleen. Colleen is at least 10 years my junior but that has not affected our relationship. Colleen is smart, she is compassionate, she is kind and she is SARCASTIC! I have a special place in my heart for Colleen. I met this wonderful Redhead through pool. Our relationship has grown over the years as we discover our joint love of commenting on everything and everyone. We can actually be kind of mean, but nicely if you know what I mean. We TRY and use our inside voices and we have become very good at covering our sarcasm with a smile and a giggle after the victim has left the vicinity. Outside of pool we communicate almost daily by messenger and by phone. I know that if I needed something she would be there to listen or lend a hand. I hope that she knows that I would be there too!

My two best friends have many things in common and are also friends. They have played pool together for many years as well and aside from that they also share a birthday! That's right folks! My two best friends were born on the same day.

Who'd have thunk??

So to both my friends, I wish you many Happy Years of Health, Wealth and Happiness for their birthdays on November 2nd.

TTYL!

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you Linda for the early birthday wishes, and very kind words. You are one of my very bestest friends too!!!

4:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home