Thursday, October 06, 2005

My Husband is right, I can be a scary Biotch!

I promised myself that I would never do this but I gotta vent! At the risk of sounding like a condescending bitch, I would prefer to classify myself as intolerant. I hate stupid people! I don't mean uneducated! My 15 year old is only as educated as her little life has allowed for and she is not a stupid girl by far! My girlfriend's 3 year old falls also into this category. Not so for some of my acquaintances and workmates!

Let me set the stage...I am asked to prepare a summary of some complicated items in my field. I do this and pass on to the parties that request said info. Now, I EXPECT questions...this is some complicated shit! Two hours after providing info and all seems well until my boss walks into my office and says this to me:

Did you send something to "so and so"? A spreadsheet? I don't really know what it was about but he wants to talk to me about it. I don't know why they came to me? I have no idea what they are talking about. Can you go and see them and see if you can answer their questions?


Now, I don't know about you but my answer was this:

No can do boss! I would be far to afraid to scare them out of the building with my charm because apparently my knowledge is not good enough for them and they need you to explain. Perhaps you want to nip this in the bud and let them know that you truly know nothing about this level of operation as it is NOT YOUR JOB!


His response was a hearty laugh and a direct order to pass on that message myself and tell them he said so!

OMG, Now that is stupid!!! They are young and I continuously impress on the younger gang in our office that this is a complicated industry, the rules are changing every day. It's volatile and moving by the minute and questions are welcome. But C'mon people don't fricking go to a VP for answers that the Operations Manager needs to provide! Another thing, when I take my precious time to explain things to you because clearly you don't have a fricking clue...don't tell me "I know" Cause you know what! You don't know jackshit! That's why every piece of work you put out is without thought and with no attention paid to detail! Clearly you all need to get some common sense to go along with those University educations that your parents paid for!

Ahhhhh, I feel so much better...
TTYL

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - HeHe now there is the sweetheart we all love. Aren't the little drones that work for us so efficient!!! Way to go, maybe you and I could switch some dumbass employees...

7:23 pm  
Blogger Aimee said...

Oh mama, I'll be home soon. We can vent together. I love you, and see you later for TURKEY DAY!!! Man it sure came fast this year...

8:39 am  
Blogger Heather said...

You know, being one of those under your watchful employ, I can't tell you how delighted I am to be able to sit here and giggle because I know EXACTLY who you are talking about! LOL Hey, can you fire them too?! That might make you feel even better!

9:08 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Ahhh, This is why I call into work stating that it is snowing and I won't be in as I am sipping coffee fireside in my p.j.'s.

At least I am honest, I could have just called in sick.

9:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, unfortunately stupidity is not a dismissable offence (I don't think???) Glad to make you giggle!

Kate...and that my dearest friend is why you no longer work for me! HC and Firetime chats with Mom on a snowy day make me jealous!!! MAkes you wanna change careers..lol..oh ya, You did!!

10:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home