Monday, October 03, 2005

Car Problems, Sylvia Brown and quasi GrandBabies

So the new car is sick! Very,Very sick.... Canadian Tire (where I brought it when I thought is was merely a hose replacement required) quoted $750 to start..Apparently the water pump outlet bleeder housing was cracked requiring replacement complete with new thermostat, oil change, oil and air filters to round it out for starters. After that who knows could need a new water pump itself, head gasket etc.. All this happened on the very day that I must drive to Waterloo to get DD#2..It was Sylvia Brown day and we had been waiting for this since last March when I bought the tickets. All in all an interesting Friday.
Got me a rental (thanks Marty!), got me a repaired car (thanks Nicole!!!)and saved me tons of money!!! (thanks again Marty and Nicole!!!)
Got me a 22nd row, centre stage at Sylvia Brown, (Thanks Jen and Aimee for kicking ass in the race for seats!)

Sylvia was fantabulous, She is an amazing lady! Very insightful and far too much happened to blog about! I will say that the ladies in front of us got a personal reading and when they explained that they had lost sister/mother and Sylvia's reply gave me goosebumps. Syvlia said quite cheerily "Mary is fine, she loves you and is watching over you all the time!" Well this was the right answer....Sister/Mothers name was Mary and girls were visibly shaken! So if you ever wondered if there were people planted in the audience...I would so "NO". Sylvia picked ticket numbers out of a large barrel, first go around was approx. 60-65 ticket numbers and on the second round she picked another 20-25 and the ladies in front of me were on the second go around of numbers.

On Sunday, there came a knock on the door and the pitter patter of little feet upstairs. I don't have many friends or acquaintances that have small children. So you can imagine my surprise when a past "foster child" appeared on the doorstep with her two darling little girls looking for refuge. She left her husband in Detroit and came back to Oakville. She never came right out and asked for a place to stay but it was evident that is what she was looking for. Now, don't get me wrong, for many years I opened my home to stray kids. Jessica was with us for a few years and when she left to go out on her own against our better judgment, she found herself pregnant, uneducated and living in the United States far away from home. In the US, she was unable to work and one income was just not enough to pay the bills. No health care..no that's another problem. Good thing she has some street smarts of sorts, she still had Canadian Citizenship and health coverage so babies were both born here in Canada. After first baby was born we visited Detroit and OMG what a fucking nightmare! Burnt out crack houses, rats in the garbage..overall shitty neighbourhood! I bought baby necessities (high chair, monitor etc) and groceries and gave my opinion of the good for nothing ass that she "LOVED??" Fast forward 4 years later to this weekend, suddenly the lights have flickered and she realizes the errors of his way and has come home with babies. No planning, no phone call just a big Hello I'm here and this is my dilemma. More to come on this subject I'm sure!

Well, gotta cut the lunch hour short and get back to work...gotta go and spring my car this afternoon.

TTYL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home