Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Get your shit together people!

Holy Hanna! As some of you know I play pool. I love to play pool and I've been playing in our regions leagues for about 13 years now. I've seen 3 league operators come and go and with them comes the normal chaos of getting to know the people that are already members, making them happy and trying to grow the business. It is a business after all.

The current League Operator is a woman and I truly like her alot. She has tried her best to grow new divisions and opportunites for her area, she does however, have the organizational ability of a tazmanian devil....everything is done at the last minute!
It's like she totally forgets that this is a business! I mean really, who owns a business and doesn't bother to contact players that have been around for 13 years and tell them what the latest is for opportunities.

Every year we go through this at this time! We can't seem to draw enough interest in this league to make it grow and for whatever reason our league operator has not really exerted any extra effort into making it grow. No flyers, no emails, nothing about it on the website...hell I dunno.


This is our Ladies team that has been to Vegas twice to compete. (the boy on the left is the Canadian PoolPlayers President and Owner, so we let him be in our picture) We were the only team present in that division from Canada. You would think this would make one want to grow the division...we actually placed 5th...so we are a competitive team!

This year we made a conscientious decision that we wanted to keep our Ladies only team together even with the ever present threat of no Ladies Division, so we registered in 9 Ball and then were told that at the 11th hour she was doing what she could to hold the Ladies Division together despite the odds.
What business owner does this???? I wish I had the cash to operate a league! I would treat it as a business and it would grow!

Anyway still don't know if we are playing 8 Ball or 9 ball. I wish someone would get their shit together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home