Friday, August 19, 2005

Three Days and Counting!

Monday will be my 7th wedding anniversary. It will be the first time that I have ever made it to the 7th year of anything but child rearing.

This is a big accomplishment for Hubby and I. We've always said that it was a great thing that we make it through the years without stabbing/poisoning or doing harm in general to each other.

We were discussing our life together the other night and he decided to announce that we had only had about 4 arguments in our time together that were of any significance and in his opinion they were inconsequential. (I didn't kill him so that must make it so, in his little mind) I responded by glaring at him and telling him that was his opinion! See, we do really get along. We laugh together about most things and rarely do our arguments last longer than the time it takes me to mix the rat poison into a "Ceasar" and watch him swallow it down.(just kidding folks) I'm genuinely lazy and can't see myself putting this much time and energy into rearing another husband.
So as the vows go, "For better or for worse, till death us do part!"

For our anniversary we are celebrating in the following fashion: Softball the day before, work the day of and Hubby going to a concert (with his friends) on the day after. I think this is why we get along so well. He reminds me it's our anniversary and I ignore it.

He's mine, all mine and I dare anyone to try and make him theirs. He would laugh in their face anyway....he knows he's got it soooooo good!

Now that is LOVE!

Happy Anniversary Husband!

2 Comments:

Blogger sandegaye said...

Happy Anniversary!! (in advance)
I have been multi-married.. so it's a slim chance that I'll get into the 'bling-bling' anniversaries before I kick the bucket.
Hubby & I have celebrated 4 yrs this past May.. so I figure on our Golden, we'll be 104 & 105 respectively. I can see us fighting over the green jello in the nursing home.
Now doesn't your celebration seem oh so much better??
;o)

10:05 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

Happy anni! LOVE the rat poison idea. kidding! Sounds like youse are two peas in a pod. Or, um, two softballs in a gym bag. Or something like that!

1:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home