Thursday, August 11, 2005

Second Hand Stuff

All my adult life I have enjoyed the unwanted treasures of other people. The Parental Units have graciously always thought of me and my offspring when they are changing furniture and we have received the offer of many pieces that are still being used to this day. In fact Dad commented that it felt just like "home" when he came over on the weekend for dinner and sat in the wing chair in my dining room...
Recently I posted about my "new to me" car. This car came to me in kind of the same way. I have a friend that loves to shop. In fact, she solves most of her emotional turmoil by shopping and she readily admits it. When she was separating from her husband she purchased the "SUV" that I coveted. She purchased the Leather furniture set that I coveted. When I painted my dining room, she provided me with wall sconcy things and flouncy material stuff to make my window look fab! She has provided my Girls with her clothing that she no longer wears, never wore, no longer fits, got tired of or is just plain getting rid of to make room for the new stuff. In fact it has gotten to the point that the Girls and I are going to start being more specific about our likes and dislikes...cause as I said to my friend, whom I lovingly refer to as "Barbie" (she looks like Barbie and that bitch has everything), she gets everything I want. On Saturday she purchased a PommaPoo Puppy (part pomeranian, part poodle). DAMN HER! I have always wanted a lap dog. When she announced this to me I just looked at her. I have green eyes already and the purchase of this pup just made me an entire GREEN-Eyed monster of jealousy...On Tuesday night, "Barbie" came for dinner and she brought the puppy. OMG! Very cute little puppy. 4 pounds of cute cuddly fun. Problem #1: Puppy has parasites. Problem #2: Puppy has Kennel Cough.
"Barbie" had taken the puppy to the vet and it was now being fully medicated and the pet store would be fully reimbursing her vet bills.
On Wednesday afternoon, "Barbie" called. "Hey, you wanna puppy?" she asked. Excuse me? I replied. "I think the baby is allergic to the puppy, she's coughing and getting congested"
"Seriously, they've been together for less than 8 hours and frankly baby could be teething, could be coming down with something...how do you know so soon?", I state. "Really you need to give it a couple of weeks before you really know, I'm sure of it!" "Ya, you are probably right" she says, seemingly a little calmer.
Roll forward to this morning:

8:15 am. Phone rings at work: "Good Morning, Linda speaking can I help you?"
Barbie: "Hey, you want this puppy? Cause seriously, Baby is totally congested and she has spots all around her mouth."
Me: "Look Barbie, this is what you gotta do...Take a deep breath, wait till the pet store opens and drag your ass and the puppy down there and tell them you are returning the puppy. It has Kennel cough which could potentially lead to recurring respiratory illness (not likely, but it could). Tell them that if they don't take the puppy back you will be making a scene outside the door of the store until they do, telling everyone how sick your puppy is (not really true but worth a go). If that doesn't work then we'll talk about what to do with the puppy. Don't say anything about allergies...just go down there and be a bitch! On second thought, do you need me to go down there?"
Barbie: "No, you're right. That's what I'm gonna do."
Me: "Call me and let me know what happens"

10:15 am phone rings.

"Hey, I love you!" says the voice on the phone. "Oh Barbie, okay, you love me what's up...did they take the dog back?" I ask. "They sure did, and I love you and hate you at the same time" she says. "HUH,why do you hate me? I ask.

"Cause you are always right!"

OF COURSE I AM! It's always easy to be right when it involves other people! I'm never right when it involves me. That is why I depend on the level headedness of my Husband, Daughters, Parental Units, Friends for all my important decisions! Cause that's what they are for isn't it?

Note to self: Be more specific telling certain friends what you really want so they can piss you off by buying it (not really Barbie! cause I know you are reading this and I know you know it's you!) then get sick/tired/bored with and pass on to you!
Remember to thank said Friend and Parental Units for how nicely house is coming together with all their gifts!

Later Folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home