Thursday, July 28, 2005

Such is the Donk(ey) that is mine

Last night after work DD#2 and I decided to head out to Home Depot and check out the paint chips. It's been a good summer so far and the only TV we've managed to watch have been "How to" type shows that get your juices flowing about home improvements. Six years ago when we moved into our humble abode, the last owner had lovingly decorated every room of the house and frankly its only been the last six months or so that have caused me angst. Now I need a change and everyone in the house should jump on board I think!

Anyway, after spending an hour in HD, we finally agreed on colours for all the main rooms of our house. Suprisingly DD#2 and I have very much the same tastes....she just didn't know it. So with colours chosen we head home to present to the other members of the household, being DD#1 and DH.(DD#3 has chosen to spend most of her time at a friends and she hasn't been around so she gets no vote!)

Jennifer looks at the paint chips and agrees that she likes the colours. Her only concern is that she has a wedding and can't be involved until Sunday. To this I respond no problem, we can start without you...

Rob on the other hand has just dragged his ass out of bed (he works night shift and sleeps during day) and he is cranky! Never mess with a man that looks like he just went 10 rounds with the sleep fairy! He looked at the colours and grunted. I decide that I will take that as "The colours are great honey! Good choices...when do we start?" Aimee, Jennifer and I start discussing what we can do and where we will start when Rob declares that we will start in the upstairs bathroom. Now don't get me wrong, it all has to be done but the upstairs bathroom? I'm seeing that room twice a day...to shower and get ready in the am and in the pm to get ready for bed..WHY in hell would you start there? That's kind of like putting a front porch on our house instead of finishing the basement (that truly is a blog for another day, one blood pressure raising story per day is all I can handle)

So, I ask the question again...Why the upstairs bathroom..I mean really nobody sees that room and if we are going to be doing this in stages wouldn't we want to start with the most public places of our home that guest would see...after that reasonable statement I thought I would get a whole hearted agreement and what I really got was a resonating "NO,I really am sick of that bathroom upstairs and that's what I'm gonna start with".

Carry on Sir.....I'll get you the fricking paint for the bathroom...but it better be done, painted and dry by the time the girls and I want to shower off the remains of our day painting the Dining Room, Living room...etc!

All Aimee had to say was this: "Did you know you married such a DONK?

Yeah, stubborn mulehead...I knew and such is the Donk that is mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home