Thursday, July 07, 2005

Mark, ARE YOU HOME?

My alarm went off this morning with little surprise. It does every morning unfailingly! Showered, dressed and watered off I go to my daily routine. For a change this morning I turned to our local talk radio and the first thing I hear is about terrorist attacks in London,England.

I almost threw up!

One of my dearest friends is currently in London, (maybe, when he's on the road we don't talk that much and I can't remember if he said he was leaving yesterday or today) Dammit, what a time for my weakening memory to completely fail me!

Mark if you are home please let me know and Kate if you read this and his ass is home in bed,catching up on much jet lag please let me know!

I can't imagine how people in London feel knowing that their loved ones are out there, possible victims to some dumbass terrorist's idea of retribution for the sins of who knows what! All I know is that I cried on Sept 11 and I cried again this morning! It's a painful knowledge that innocent people, somebodies Mother, Father, Sister, Brother will not go home tonight!

It's a big bad world out there and most days I'm able to end the day with a smile on my face, thankful for everything I have and all the things that I can work towards in the morning!
Peace Folks! Hugs!
Mark and the world....my prayers are with you! Be SAFE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Lin,
Thanks for your concerns, he is home and happy to be here. He actually got away yesterday morning.
So safe and sound.
For any others who are awaiting news about loved ones and for those in London now, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kate

8:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update my friend! I was truly green this am! Glad to know all is well in my own personal world...Still praying for all that are touched by tragedy in their lives!
Lin

11:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home