Wednesday, June 15, 2005

An offer I might not be able to refuse!

I know that I have spent much time sharing my thoughts on my old van and its MANY shortcomings! Well, lets just say that this week has shown me that there is no time to lose, this problem must be solved. I actually had to rent a vehicle to get to two customer meetings...trying to get to Markham and Orillia in the Dustbuster this week would have meant sure death by drowning in my own perspiration if that were possible and not having signal lights on the highway..hmmmm not so good. The rental (a little Honda Civic) cost me $80 for two days and frankly was worth every fricking penny!!!

Okay so this week, electrical problems in the van have created a further challenge. It appears as though those turn signals aren't working...another fabulous development in the Dustbuster saga. No problem, we'll get it in this Friday and get the mechanic to check it out, maybe he can check out the fan and heater thing at the same time. Not that we need heat (hottest week this year!) but maybe since the windows don't open and the air is HOT, STICKY and repugnently stale a little movement on the vent side would be nice..just a thought.

Anyway, A very good friend of mine has offered to sell me her 2002 Chrysler Sebring. She has offered it at a very good price with a 0% interest rate to be repaid however we agree upon. This wonderful friend of mine has recently come into some money and really would like to see me driving something that has moved into the new century. She has purchased a Mitsubishi Montero that she takes possesion of on Saturday. Sounds wonderful doesn't it! It does but here is the problem. I know the history of her Sebring...she purchased this vehicle as a used vehicle in 2003. She has always taken very good care of it. It is in immaculate condition, however, it was a rental car in a past life, it had an accident in that past life that led it to be fixed and sold. Recently (two weeks ago), my friend put $2000 into front end and brake work. The vehicle has 95,000 KM on it. To me that seems like a lot of mileage for a 3 year old car. But the car is nice! It has AIR CONDITIONING that works! Windows that open! Doors that open from the inside and out! I would get my freedom back! All this is seeming just too much to turn down!

I do not know what to do....gonna have to call the Automobile Decision Man...
Daaaad!

TTYL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home