Friday, May 20, 2005

Round is a Shape!

Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!

I hate being put in positions, besides looking in the mirror each morning, when I have to face the fact that I am FAT.

This morning I responded to a business invitation for an annual meeting followed by a customer appreciation thingy...dinner and boat cruise around the Toronto Harbour..sounds like fun right! I thought so! Anyway on the invite it asked you to respond by a certain date along with your shirt size. I responded in plenty of time and left out my shirt size. These large companies always give away VERY nice gifts!
One year it was a briefcase/bag type thing, another it was a really nice pen set. So begins the next email conversation.


Thank you very much for the invitation. I would be pleased to attend.
See you then.
Linda


Her response

Glad you can make it - please send me your shirt size.
Thanks, Susan


My response
hmmph...thought I could get away without doing that....

Fat....is that a size? LOL

I don't know, these things never fit me anyway.

but seriously if you really want to try....it would be something like a 3 or 4XL. if that's isn't available and it usually isn't in these promotional type things just make it an XL and I'll give it to hubby.

Thanks, Linda


Her response

Here's the story - the item we are speaking of is a wind jacket - I haven't seen all the sizes - but they are apparently equivalent to a golf shirt size (personally the one sample I tried on was not a generous sized example).
Ladies only goes to an XL and Mens to an XXL.
I certainly understand your frustration - I will set aside whichever choice you make. If the men's xxl is extremely generous I'll let you know.

Susan


My response

Susan,

Could you set aside a Men's XXL for me and hell, since I'm doing WW maybe someday I'll fit in to it and be able to look back on this very embarrassing moment and laugh!

Thanks!
Lin


Oh well, another Jacket for DH (he'll love it, jacket fetish...totally a blog for another day) Good thing in this is the fact that with some advanced planning they can place me with skinny peeps on boat so we aren't travelling in circles!

Anyway, Happy Victoria Day weekend Canadians! To my friends in the US...be jealous, be very jealous of our long weekend cause we will be of your Memorial Day Weekend on the 30th!!!
TTYL!

4 Comments:

Blogger Random and Odd said...

*HUG*
I know how you feel girl. I did Atkins for a year and I lost some weight and then yesterday I realized...I LIVE IN SWEATS because I can't find anything to wear that fits me.

In the graduation picture I think I look the best I ever have. *sigh*

Oh to look that good again!

12:27 pm  
Blogger kimmyk said...

I second that.

I have a friend who lost 20 pounds in a month on WW. I'm sure you're doing just as great. Good luck to ya!!!

12:56 pm  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

I did post secondary so that I would not have to waer a uniform that was meant for a teen.
I will justify that comment by saying that most proessional uniforms ie scrubs and such come up to 5x.
I put nothing on my body sporting our company logo...pay me extra i say.

1:08 pm  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

I did post secondary so that I would not have to waer a uniform that was meant for a teen.
I will justify that comment by saying that most proessional uniforms ie scrubs and such come up to 5x.
I put nothing on my body sporting our company logo...pay me extra i say.

1:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home