Monday, June 13, 2005

A Series of unfortunate events......

Well Folks, a third year in Vegas is not to be for our Ladies team. It was a very interesting weekend. We started off the weekend on Saturday morning at the "Bar/Pool Hall" Shot Gun the Timmies coffee, cause you can't bring it in with you. Play 20 questions with the ex-boyfriend (broke up last Monday) of one fo the girls to ensure that he can be there without creating unneeded stress to our player. Believe me when I say I'm looking out for everyone's best interest being nosy here! V&M's relationship has been anything but calm for these last few months and despite the fact that I think V creates her own drama at times, (don't we all) It is one of my jobs to ensure the happiness of my players on game day! For the good of the team of course!
Everyone arrives and starts to practice. The Ladies are looking great and shooting better! And then it happens, a series of unfortunate events I tell you! A misplaced safety, an early 8 ball, whatever, we lost and are faced with having to do the Regionals the hard way....no passing go, no collecting $200. We have to do this the hard way, return on Sunday morning, same time same place!

Sunday morning started with an argument with my friend and ride about being on time for once in her dam life! I really hate it when people tell you that they will be there to pick you up at 9:15 and don't show until 9:40! It's like they have no respect for your time! Hell, I could have eaten breakfast! She did, that's part of the reason she was late! I took the ride so DH and the girls could have the van to go to baseball in the afternoon. I need another vehicle at my house! This sharing a vehicle thing is driving me crazy! I hate depending on others to get me around and OH! never mind I'm just ranting and what's the point!

Anyway, thankfully Sunday morning's results did not mimic Saturday and on we went to win 3 straight against the "Strong Team from neighbouring community" Take that L.O.! Strong Team my ASS!

On Sunday afternoon at 2pm the final match for the Ladies division began and despite the fact that the Ladies on my team performed MAGNIFICENTLY, a series of unfortunate events will keep us here. A 3 nothing loss against the same team that beat us out on Saturday morning. Two days in a row dammit!

Oh well, one more chance this weekend coming! Last chance at romance! This time we depend on the boys again!

TTYL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home