Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Back to Work....

"Back to Work" just doesn't hold the same meaning as the words "Back to School". I remember being a kid and about mid-August thinking "OMG, it's almost time to go back to school, I can't wait to see my friends, get new school supplies, new clothes, start new classes..." Back then it was all about new beginnings. Now coming back to work is all about, work left undone before you left that has to be done, new NOTHING, except more work. There are generally no new challenges and co-workers don't change while you are gone for a week. Those that are PITA's are still PITA's (pain in the ass, for all those new to my blog) and those that are okay are still okay. There is just no excitement in coming back. In fact I just want to go on holidays again...

My holiday was very nice. Days spent at the beach, at Ontario Place, going to the Drive-In and just generally hanging around the house with the DDs playing crib and relaxing. We ended it by going out with the wives of the Ball team boys and despite the massive age difference (most are about the same age as the DDs)we had a great time at the strip club. It was a great week and further details about the week can be found on Aimee's blog! Anyway, all this fun just makes going back to work that much more uninviting!

I didn't blog all week because any time spent near a computer makes it difficult for me to not remotely access work and it was my holiday after all. I know my weaknesses and remaining work email free for one week is definately a challenge! Anyway, work calls my name and I feel like I should answer since...I guess that's what they are paying me for.

For now I will spend my day-dreaming hours devising ways to extend the 4 weeks of vacation into more...winning the lottery would be a start!
TTYL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home