Friday, July 08, 2005

Fabulous Fridays!

I love Friday's. I especially love Fridays just before long weekends or vacations!

THIS is my Friday before vacation! YAAAAY!!!!!

Next week I plan to take my DD's on day trips. We're planning a day at Ontario Place. A couple of days at some local beachs for fun in the sun. A day to Mennonite Country to visit the farmer's market and a day to take the youngest into Toronto to hang out on Yonge Street and experience the wonderful feeling of going into a big city and realizing that everyone just does what they wanna do. It's awe inspiring to me to see people dressed in what they wanna wear, makeup how they wanna wear it and hair done to their own funky taste. Sometimes the combinations are just so wild and it makes me feel like I want to be just a little less conservative. I know that initially Brianne will feel overwhelmed because we come from a very conservative town that frowns on self -expression. Hell we don't even have a strip-club within our city limits! I know we see it on TV and frankly we have the odd person in town that doesn't give a flying fuck about what anybody thinks but in Toronto people have a greater sense of self. Rob (DH) wouldn't say so. He's from Los Angeles and he thinks that all the kids are strictly wanna be's and when it comes down to it, they too will conform like the rest of us. I guess conforming is part of life, kind of like growing old and dying...just something you gotta do.

Anyway, I'm so excited about my week of holidays! A whole week of resting, relaxing and fun. I'm reading "The DaVinci Code" non-stop, uninterrupted blissful reading!(hopefully the library will have it in) It took me 3 days to read "Angels and Demons" and that was only because apparently they expect me to go to work every damn day! Something about a paycheque..I dunno...I was consumed by thoughts of the Illuminati! Anyway if anybody is interested..wonderful book a combination of science meets religion meets action meets suspense...OMG it was wonderful!

I think I'm gonna try SPF (Stuff Portrait Fridays). This is a fun concept that got started at one of my favorite spots. Kristine takes the most beautiful pictures and if you have a moment check it out.
Peace
TTYL

1 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

I like fridays too! They're the BEST DAY of the week.

I was mooned by Muzikdude :)

4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home