Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Scary Shit in our world!

I rarely read anything other than the business section of our newspaper and I only do that because of work. Last week when I was on vacation, I can honestly tell you I never opened the paper.
On Friday, I stopped in at the office to check in with the boss before he went on his 2 week vacation and heard some of the ladies discussing a recent homicide in our quaint little town (only the second this year). This one peaked my interest and actually gave my heart a little jump. Apparently, a dismembered body was found in an apartment building on Mom's street. There are three buildings there and my first thought was for my Mom.

I mean really, did I think it could be my Mom?
Did I think my Dad could have lost his mind in this God foresaken heat?

Hmmm, maybe...nah never! What would he do without my Mom. Hell he'd have nobody in close proximity to tell his stories too! He's a real smart guy and he would never cut off his lifeline like that. So, I know this sounds uncaring but I didn't even check to make sure Mom was okay. I couldn't actually confirm that all was well until yesterday when she signed on MSN Messenger. I did however, check details in the paper to confirm my father's sanity and discovered that it was some 28 year old fucktard that killed his sister, cut her up into pieces (rumoured around 40 pieces) and let her rot. He apparently became concerned only when someone from building management came knocking on the door about the complaints for the reek. He told them he was cooking burgers and the meat was bad....hmmm...not so much! Apparently the building chose to do nothing, but the neighbour (a physician) decided that he was "on a scale from 1-10, about a 7" certain that something was very wrong next door. At least that was what he told the police when they interviewed him. Anyway, fucktard was arrested. No details about anything, except him being charged, have been released to our sleepy little town of 200,000+ people because that might bring down property values, make us informed citizens or some shit like that. It's actually amazing it made the paper at all, I hadn't heard about the first homicide!
In some ways this makes me happy. I can continue to know that there is real scary shit in our world, (like Bernardo and that BIOTCH Homolka, kids that kill other kids, sectors of people that feel its okay to kill innocent bystanders in the name of some faith or country) and feel completely insulated from all of that because our local rag only reports on the good stuff happening in town and that should somehow keep us kind of safe....shouldn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home