Thursday, August 25, 2005

AGHHHHH! They are growing up! (otherwise known as I'm getting older!)

Well this week I dropped Jenny off for her last year of University. She's completed four years of hard work and decided that teaching is her calling. I've been telling her this since grade 6, but I'm just the Mom, what do I know? Wow, I remember when I used to take her tiny hand in mine and drop her off at Daycare. She was so small and so steadfast in the fact that everything would be just fine (and it always was, despite my tears)
This year the tears were hers. Moving away from home (again) and close proximity to "Boy" (otherwise known as Matt) made this years parting very dramatic. I was good, I barely cried! I felt the need to do the Mommy thing and be strong!


Next week it will be time to take Aimee back to University for her final year. Another bird will fly the coop and her presence will be missed sorely! Aimee and I have had the opportunity to become great friends this summer and I will miss her tremendously. Who else will play cribbage with me? Hubby quits after being beat too many times or stops playing after he's won so as to pretend he's a champ!
I remember Aimee's pudgy little hand around mine, soother in face and big croc tears in eyes when I dropped her off in her daycare class..she made me cry after leaving her almost every day! this year I will try to be strong for her as well and keep my tears to myself!


In September my baby will start grade 10...OMG how did that happen?
It seems like yesterday that she was toddling down the street in just her t-shirt and little purple desert boots trying to go to the store on her own. Brianne will remain at home to keep her Mom company for another few years. Her sense of humour will provide many happy moments to compensate for her missing sisters. Bri experiences the moving of her Big Sisters the most...spontaneous Sister/Sister nights will now be planned well in advance and most teenage problems will be solved by discussions on MSN or after 6 when its cheaper.



Ahhh, summer is coming to a close and this time of year always makes me a little sad.
Makes you appreciate your family as they walk out the door to a new phase of their lives!

Good Luck my little ones! Remember Mommy Loves You!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Oh mama dukes, I'll miss you too like crazy. Everything will be back to normal (or better) in a year or so. Time will fly, I'm counting on it!

I love you, don't miss me too much *wink*

xoxo

10:41 am  
Blogger Amy said...

Awww! I loved this post!

Love your descriptions of their little hands. Beautiful girls you have there, beautiful mom.

10:50 am  
Blogger Kim said...

awww! Don't you wish you could just freeze time now and then? You know, like when they are all smiling and pleasant... just freeze it right there and keep them like that? It all goes so fast, doesn't it?

11:06 am  
Blogger Colleen said...

I'm not looking forward to this!!! I can hardly stand leaving Hannah in the morning to go to work!!!

11:34 am  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

omg...you made me cry too!

1:04 pm  
Blogger sandegaye said...

They grow up all too soon. I enjoyed your blog, Linda.

3:37 pm  
Blogger MP said...

:0( I don't have children yet and I already don't want them to grow up!!!! Reading you reminds me of "For Better or For Worse" :0)

4:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have done a wonderfull thing keep it up they make you proud.
love you mom

11:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home