Monday, September 12, 2005

Summers End

Well, today was the first day that all 3 of the DD's are officially in school. It's been an interesting summer of ups and downs for all of us in our family.
Husband's softball team sucked ass again this year in the first round of playoffs, but OMG we had a frigging great time with the gang...Games, Jello Shooters,Strip Bars (the wives) Drishing trips (the guys), and BBQ's for everyone!
The oldest daughter Jen, spent her summer discovering young and blossoming love. A summer of new adventures that she shared with her new man. Now she's off experiencing the thrill of learning to become a teacher. Her definite calling, I'm sure!
The middle daughter spent her summer trying to reconcile herself to joblessness and just when she finally got it down pat....damn it all a job (no 2 jobs) appeared. The balance of the summer was split between work, boyfriend and friends and spending time with her old Mom, teaching her a thing or two about cribbage and war and Old Maid!
The baby (turning 15 next week) spent her summer spending time anywhere but home! If an offer came to pack up her shit, she was gone! (but not without trying to bribe me out of her share of the grocery money!) Her summer was spent becoming the lovely young woman that suddenly reappeared on my doorstep!

Me, well I spent my summer working, enjoying my minutes with my family and just appreciating all the good things in my life!

Now we are all on to new things....another Pool season begins for hubby and I (different teams of course for the good of our marriage!) a new school year for all the girls. With fall comes endings and new beginnings...I guess that's why they call them seasons.

Happy Fall!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Love the 'baby' at fifteen. I am sure I will be calling Lucy that when she is like, in menopause.

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home