Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Butterfly Nausea....or mixing business with pleasure??

A couple of years ago my good friend and I considered a venture into the world of self-employment. For me, this was to be a way to marry my hobby and my passion for working. Yes!, my name is Linda and I am a work-a-holic. Unfortunately, at that time it was not to be! Over the recent years my constant frustration with day to day politics of the business world and working for "the man" has led me to think there has got to be a better way! This is seriously something that I have pondered and even dreamed about everytime I feel on the verge of a mental breakdown (more and more regularly these days!!!)

Well, We're at it again. This time we are doing the full scale business plan! We are reviewing everything from marketing plans, statistics, target markets, one year p&l's, projected cash flow statements and 4 year financial plans. We plan to make an offer that can't be refused!

As my buddy would say....venturing away from the "norm" is scary but I want to do something that uses my full talent, my abilities and something that I'm passionate about.

We believe that we have found a very successful business with alot of room for "growth" It is a venture that we are both already involved in through our hobby, we are familiar with the workings and are I believe we have become respected amongst our peers within the environment which would make the transition to owner/operator much simpler.

Man...this stuff is scary. It kind of gives you that mixed emotion feeling you get when you first find yourself attracted to someone. The kind of feeling that makes your belly so nervous you feel like you could throw up, but, you know if you just breath deeply it will turn into butterflies that make excitement the order of the day!

I'm at the butterfly stage now and thinking that as this becomes more and more feasible the nausea may return before the butterflies are here to stay!

I'll keep you posted on our progress.
TTYL

4 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Oh mama, you're so fabulous. I love you and miss you. I think you should do whatever makes you happy *kiss*

Aimee

12:54 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Make this thing work. I am nervous too.

1:26 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm with Aimee on this one..you should do what makes you happy. There is also no doubt in my mind that you both would be very successful at this so please keep me posted.

And remember, feeling like throwing up and dealing with that butterfly feeling isn't such a bad thing. You should start to get worried though if you start throwing up butterflies..lol

2:36 pm  
Blogger Colleen said...

You know I support you both 100%...and I'm always here to barf on should the butterflies take you over!!!

And I'm always there to help as well!!!

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home