Thursday, October 20, 2005

Bestest Friends and Babies

So, by now, everyone knows that one of my bestest friends is a guy. He's a guy that I know that if things ever got shitty for me in any way he would be there. He's a guy that I would consider going into business with and he's a guy I would trust my children with. Next to my hubby, he's my bestest male friend!

When Mark and I first met we hit it off immediately. He was young, open minded and openly crude! He was single and having girl issues. Each week he would come to pool and lay out the woes of the week. He brought a couple of dates to pool for us to check out and after a while we had to tell him that his taste sucked! These girls were no match for him! Mark seriously needed someone that was strong willed (to put up with his shit) open minded (to effectively deal with his cockeyed view of the world) and she definitely had to have patience and understanding (to be able to break his crude, only child sense of the world and retrain his ass into a man that one woman could love and live with) One week he brought us that girl to meet! In walks Mark with this fabulous overall wearing girl that had a sense of pure strength about her! She also had a sense of humour that matched ours (on the dirty side occasionally!). This wonderful girl was soon to become his wife! Kate has become a part of my life and for that I will always be grateful.

After a very long time of trying to conceive, Mark and Kate recently announced they were expecting their first child! This announcement made me cry tears of joy for ...well I still get teary eyed when I think about it! Seeing so much love and joy in the eyes of such deserving people is truly beautiful.

Kate will be the "Best Mom" on the block. She will be the Mom everyone turns to, the Mom that everyone calls Mom! Kate's Mom was that person and I think that because of that Kate learned tolerance for others, patience and understanding. All the qualities that make her a wonderful person will make her a wonderful Mom!

Mark will be a wonderful Dad. Mark has always had strong views on parenting. "My kids will wear what I say they can wear" was a comment that he made when we discussed what the girls were wearing to school these days. My response, "just wait Mark, your day will come when your little girl says she just has to have that pair of shoes, pants, blouse, mini skirt...or she will die!!!" and then you will melt and Kate will take over for you and find a reasonable compromise that keeps everyone fashionably cool and relatively calm! Mark will be a wonderful Dad cause he has a heart as big as North America despite the crude, gruff exterior that he likes to pretend is him! He is opinionated...but he's a big soft suck when it comes to those he loves and these are just some of the things that will make Mark a Wonderful Dad!

Mark and Kate...CONGRATULATIONS my Friends! Auntie Linda can't wait to hold that wonderful bundle of joy!!! And Brianne is offering up babysitting services and she promises she won't hog the TV like some babysitters uh hum..Mark ;)

TTYL

4 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Auntie Lin,
I am so excited that you are excited for us. I love that you and you family are going to be a part of our babe's life.
Thanks for all your kind words about me...Mark is one hard cookie to break.

Love you

10:02 am  
Blogger Colleen said...

Great blog Linda.

And again, congratulations Mark and Kate. I love happy endings!!!

10:29 am  
Blogger Heather said...

Linda, you made me get teary eyed too.

Mark and Kate, you guys really are going to be the best parents and Adam and I couldn't possibly be happier for you both. Congrats!

1:42 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

There's no better news than new baby news. Congrats to your friends, Linda!

10:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home