Monday, December 12, 2005

Hey! Wait for me.....

These past two weeks in my new position have left me feeling a little like the gal that gets to the train station just as the train is pulling out with her family all safely tucked aboard and she frantically chases it, just to manage grabbing on to the railing with her fingers wrapped tightly around the cold metal and her feet flying out from under her! That's me...invigorated and happy to know the train won't leave without me but scared with the thought that I may have my feet flying like this for the whole damn trip because I can't quite make that first step. My role with my company is business relationships and the management and creation of them. I'm okay with relationships (as long as you don't count the termination of one marriage and one common law one!) I can be compassionate and I listen as long as you aren't talking stupid bullshit. I have little tolerance for stupid bullshit! Anyway, in retrospect the last two weeks have been okay. Although it is not my job to sell to new clients it is my job to upsell (would you like fries with that? kind of thing)and in my first two weeks I have SOLD a new account on full service. This is very exciting news for me!! I will keep you posted once the contracts get signed (they are going out today) and I really have my first official sale!!

On the home front, things are absolutely moving along. The basement is completely framed,electrical done and inspected, dry-walled, mudded and taped. We are now waiting for the mud to dry completely so that we can sand, prime and paint. Once that is done (hopefully by Saturday!) we can install my lovely new floor and my beautiful new area rug that I got on sale at Habitat for Humanity's Re-Store for next to nothing!! I have a lovely new ceiling, lovely new potlights complete with dimmer switches, lovely new walls and a fabulous office space.

If all goes as planned...there will be a Christmas Tree this year!

Keep your fingers crossed...or maybe you could grab a paint brush? Do you know anything about laying laminate flooring? Email me and I'll gladly give you our addy if you are willing and able!

TTYL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home