Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Did you buy the tickets?

As you all know Hubby works nights and I work days. We both have very busy schedules. Hubby has been working longer shifts for the past week in an effort to convince his shift supervisor to give him the most important of all Manly Holy Days (Super Bowl Sunday in case you don't follow manly religious holidays) off. Apparently it worked and the whole shift is going in on Saturday to make up for Sunday night...he's a smart and talented guy that man of mine! I've been working long hours and missing him at night. Usually we get at least a couple of hours together most evenings before he leaves for work. This morning I had the pleasure of his smiling face when I came downstairs after my shower and the conversation went a little like this:

Me: Who is this strange man in my house?
Hubby: Tis I, your Manly Man come to hug you before you run off into the day!
Both: LOL
I move into the bearhug that awaits me and resting my head on his chest
Me: I don't wanna go to work...
Hubby: Me neither...I never wanna work again!
Me: Did you get the lottery tickets?
Hubby: No, didn't you?

This folks is why we will work for what we have and earn every penny of our humble existence. I think this is how God intended it to be and I'm good with that!

p.s. spoke with my Mother today and her son arrives in Florida on Saturday! LOL

Have a great day all!
TTYL

2 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

LOL...I too will be in that boat with you.
I am rich with friends, family and laughter. (it helps me get through my day okay).

11:22 am  
Blogger B said...

Superbowl schmooper bowl. I picked up ours on Sunday at work just to avoid listening to my best friend, Sam, scream obscenities at the television as if he was on the sidelines and the players can hear him.

I'd get rid of him...but there's a pretty good chance that I can't live without him so I guess I'll just keep him for now...he provides some good entertainment every now and then.

PS: Your husband sounds adorable :)

11:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home