Friday, February 03, 2006

Dream a little Dream

OMG I'm SO EXCITED!

So maybe this job isn't so bad...one of my clients is a huge supporter of an annual Gala in support of the Canadian Crohn's and Colitis Foundation and the charity is one that is near and dear to me because the disease touches two very dear friend's Colleen and Marty. This year I have been given a ticket ($700) to attend and it's tomorrow night! I am going with my boss and his wife and another girl in our office that I really like so it's gonna be a very good night! If you read my blog regularly you will note that I am supposed to be hosting a birthday party, but Hubby's gonna have to handle that. I love you Aaron but you'll have to celebrate you b-day without me. Work calls and a dedicated employee must always put work first!

On Saturday February 4, 2006, the Grocery Industry Foundation...Together (GIFT) and the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada are hosting the largest fundraising gala in Canada. The gala, also known as the SuperGala, is being held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto. 4,000 glamorous guests will spend the evening dining and dancing, and Vancouver's swing sensation Michael Bublé will bring the night to a close. We hope to raise 3 million dollars with half of the proceeds going to the CCFC for IBD research.


That's from the Crohn's and Colitis website! I'm gonna be one of the 4,000 Glamorous Guests!!!

At this Black Tie Gala event they always have a silent auction and fun events leading to a wonderful dinner and then on to some special Canadian talent that entertains the crowd. One year they had The Tragically Hip....this year, it's Michael Buble! For those that don't know of him, his velvety voice sings wonderful beautiful songs new and old. My favorite is Home! He also does versions of Mack the Knife, Dream a Little Dream. Wanna know more go to www.michaelbuble.com. His website even plays my fav song while you browse. After Michael sings and swings a few the evening continues it's festivities with more fun events that include a prize of a new car...a you never know...Dream a little Dream!

So, hmmmm...whatever will I wear?? Black Tie? No problem, I'll find something!!!

Are you jealous? Huh? Are you!! Yes, Yes you should be!
I'll fill you all in next post!
Gotta make an appointment to get my hair beautified!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, some much needed recognition for this dumb, dumb, dumb illness!!!

Linda, have a great time with Mr. Buble and yes extremely jealous...

Marty

1:55 pm  
Blogger MP said...

Micael Buble...TOO COOL... No black tie, but events like that you can let the girls out a bit for show.. ;0)

2:48 pm  
Blogger Colleen said...

Have a GREAT time!!! Smooze with the ritzy, rub elbows with the famous, and see if you can find out when they're going to CURE this damn diease for me!!!

2:52 pm  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Totally jealous, but way to support a great cause.

10:40 am  
Blogger B said...

Of COURSE I'm jealous! You get to see my husband, Michael Bublé! I LOVE him I LOVE him I LOVE him!


PS--my teacher totally hated my story. I'm making a voodoo doll of her right now.

11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home