Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Sneak Peak

I snuck in when RynoBoy wasn't looking and grabbed these pictures. I hope he won't mind....

This is our gutted bathroom without the moldy walls but still with rotted floors.


See the nice new piece of plywood around the toilet hole....it's a great thing that we are not going to end up sitting on our john in the dining room!

The gutting of our washroom was a massive job. There was plenty of mold and rotted wood. No surprises according to Stan. He had a clear idea right from our initial consultation that there would be all of that and more. In fact he asked if anyone was having breathing problems because he could smell the mold.

Stan started the job when I was on holidays and when I came back after his first day, I was surprised to learn that he had totally removed all of the fixtures from the washroom by himself. DD#1 said he was a "Beast"! He is, but he's a kind and gentle beast!

In the first week he rid us of the old and in with the new. Stan even had the forethought to give us the use of the bathtub (5 adults...no shower, you do the math!) He's done extra little things around the house for us this past week without being asked.... he helped hubby with the last contractor fiasco so that we could get the hot tub in, he repaired the drywall above my patio door claiming the original people had realized how unprofessional they had been and come back to fix it!

He's a great contractor and a wonderful man and we are lucky to have chosen him. If you are in the GTA you really need to go look at his web-site and check out some of the work he's done. My bathrooms not in there yet....but it will be!

I took this picture yesterday....see the nice shiny new tub, the beautiful chrome fixtures and the AMAZING tiles and tile job!!!!! I have all this because STAN IS THE MAN!!!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is REALLY REALLY nice.. I don't know how bad our floor is rotted but the space behind our falling off tiles are modly as hell and we need all new walls up. I really like those big tiles..that is nice, I may have to steal that.

4:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really believe I am blessed with the talent to do magnificent pieces of artwork people call "Bathroom Renovations"
One of the true joys of my job as a 'Renovator'(not contractor!), is meeting people like Linda's family.
They are caring, kind,big hearted and made me feel like I'm part of the family!
God Bless Aimee and her Margarita's!!!
I now have an exquisite array of truly amazing says, thanks to Rob!!_ _ _ Hat!!
Makes it extremely easy to help out any way I can as the whole family goes through a myriad of Renovations at the same time I'm there.
Great to be here!!
RYNO BOY

8:26 pm  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Beautiful tiles...this bathroom is going to be tres belle.

9:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home