Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just an update

LTD....

Our girl is still with us. She's not gotten any worse but she's not getting any better. Hubby is not ready to let go of his old girl and although I respect his love and affection for her, the constant worry of coming home and finding that she's taken a turn for the worse is very straining.

Renovations......

Our application for permit to build is in to the Town....now it's just a hoping and praying and waiting game. We hope and pray the Town will give us a permit and we wait for 10 business days for the response. After the installation of our new furnace and massive central a/c unit it was discovered that we needed to upgrade our electrical panel and that is being done early next week. (mo' money!) We have removed 30 feet of cedar hedge from the property line in anticipation of the new deck and fence. That was a lot of work! I have weeded the back garden in anticipation of the new bulbs that I will plant for my summer blooms (my ass was cold last weekend which prevented me from continuing to plant). We have purchased a new faucet for the kitchen sink and in trying to install we opened up another can of works that has put us in the position of hiring a plumber to come and fix what we started. (even mo' money!)

my falling apart body.....

Got my sugar levels under control...in fact I'm very proud of the changes that I have made that are keeping my levels in very acceptable region! I've got my blood pressure well into the norm levels despite all of the crap above going on....but it seems that my boobs have decided to give me something to worry about. About a week ago I was getting dressed (cause it's what people like me should do before they leave the house so as not to frighten little children and animals alike) and discovered a bloody discharge from my left breast. This is not something to be casual about. Don't yell at me! I've been to see the Doctor and we are actively doing the tests to ensure that this is not the big "C" and if it is...get it treated ASAP. I'm going for a mammogram and ultrasound on May 29th and then they will be scheduling a biopsy of the small lump that was found. I'm not gonna lie...I'm scared shitless! I've been through every emotion possible and this hasn't even been fully diagnosed. The waiting game is not really fun either! The Doctor tells me that it's likely an intraductal papilloma and that 90% of the time they are not cancerous. I'm going with this. It means removal of the duct and I'm okay with that....in fact I would be okay with getting the breasts removed if it meant I would be cancer free....I've given that one a lot of thought! So until I get the results of the tests I'm keeping a positive attitude and getting on with my very busy life!

There are no classes in life for beginners: right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult.
Rainer Maria Rilke

Have a terrific day! TTYL!

4 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Oh Linda,
That is quite the update.

I am sorry about the stress of the dog and all the reno issues.

I am proud of your accomplishments with your health and I know that all will be just fine with your boobie...keep us posted.

9:31 am  
Blogger Colleen said...

You know you can count on me for ANYTHING!!!!!!

I'm never too busy - or stressed out - or emotionally broken - for YOU!!!

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right!!! Hang tough...everything will be fine!!!

11:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK..my mom had that type of breast issue..at 75 (at the time) they were able to remove the nipples and offered to do a reconstruction surgery but she was all "I'm 75 I don't model nude anymore)..
SCARY..yes.. YOU..your hubby, daughters..friends..cyberfriends (me)..you will be FINE!! Piece of cake...(let me tell myself that at least)... Please keep us up to date.

Hubby is being VERY stubburn about the dog but I can't blame him. {{}}

1:35 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm thinking about you darlin' and hoping that everything goes just fine on the 29th (which it will!). You have done amazing with the changes you have made and should be very proud of yourself! I know it isn't easy to get everything under control with everything else you have been dealing with so just hang in there and please let me know if there is absolutely anything that you need.

5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home