Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I can't believe it's almost May!!!

Well another month is quickly coming to an end and I'm finding it hard to believe that time passes this quickly without me noticing it! Somehow I woke up and here it is...April 29th...BLAH!

Life just doesn't stop because you are tired..have you noticed that? WTF?!?!?

Stress levels have been at an all time high with all this planning of renovations. Last night at dinner Hubby made me laugh out loud when he looked at me and said....hmmm, I guess we need to get our mortgage renewed soon huh!... I honestly laughed out loud and shook my head. He's really cute, but he really doesn't pay attention. Honestly, I've been dealing with getting that and the renovations in order for over a month now. It's not that he didn't know. He just wasn't paying attention. Around our house these things just get taken care of!

BY ME!!!!

We had a lovely weekend past. The weather was fabulous. We had the Snowbirds (my Mom and Dad), home from their nest in the south, over for lunch on Sunday. That's always an enjoyable time. A chance for us to catch up on each other's lives and listen to the bantering between my parents on who's version of what happened, who did/said it etc is more correct. It's always in good fun and I can honestly say that I aspire to have that kind of relationship with Rob when we've been married for that many years....one of loving good spirited tolerance. LOL! Although my parents live down the street from us, a visit from them for a meal has in the past been a serious special occasion. One that sees the family scurrying around to make sure all the nooks and crannies are cleaned to perfection, every hair is in place and the meal must be pleasant to the palate and not to far from ordinary to meet my Dad's generally ordinary likes. This isn't because my parents care....cause I don't think they really do; BUT I DO! Don't tell the kids, but I use these occasions as an excuse to get everyone helping around the house at the same time. It generally works well and it gets done in record time. I've decided if they are agreeable that we're gonna do this more often but it's gonna have to be on Friday evenings in the future I think. The meals will have to more simple and the house less than perfect (because of work) but Sunday's just aren't going to work for us anymore. Brianne is working every Saturday and Sunday and Aimee and Rob have softball starting next Sunday. This is going to make the weekends jam packed. This year I'm making an effort to have them over more than 3 times!

We are starting to be able to sit in the backyard again and now all we do is dream about what it's gonna look like with our lovely new screened in porch, how our tired old bodies are gonna enjoy that hot tub!

"sigh"

I'm looking forward to May....are you?

2 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

I want a hot tub!!!

I am SO ready for REAL spring..yesterday was cold..today and tomorrow warm..then they are calling for cool again this weekend. At least everything is green...and flowery... beautiful..
AAACCCHHHOOO!
:-)

9:49 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Oh say hi to your mom and dad for us.

Spring yes, I am ready. Hoever I absolutly hate my backyard.

But I do love hot tubs.

12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home