Monday, April 07, 2008

A Smile to Remember

$200 spent on clothes for the new job.....
$100 in earned wages.....
The joy of seeing the kid liking the job that I made her take....PRICELESS!

This weekend I sat on the sidelines and watched my baby successfully complete the first two days of her new position as a cashier. She came home both days with sore feet and a very satisfied smirk on her face. She likes her new boss, she likes the people that she works with and although the first day was scary...apparently things were sufficiently slow enough that she got a good hold on how things were done and on the second day they allowed her to answer phones and the traffic was such that she got a good feel for how things would be once things are busier. It seems that it may be successful for both employer and employee.

I'm excited for her that she likes her first job. Not everyone can say they liked their first job.

2 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

I liked my THIRD job.. I worked at the arch..I ran the trams...
http://www.gatewayarch.com/Arch/index.aspx

11:25 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

I am glad that she is adjusting to earning her keep. Job well done.

11:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home