Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lots and Lots of Mommy Luck!

Every time there is some big test in the lives of my girls there has been a tradition that I offer up some of the Mommy Luck that for whatever reason helps boost the confidence level for them.

The girls are always well read and even overly prepared for whatever faces them and they always do very well......they still say it's because of that Mommy Luck. I'm okay with that. It's very nice to know that even as they get older they can still be calmed by a positive thought from a Mom that knows they are going to just fine.

Today, I am sending out TONS of Mommy Luck to Aimee. Aimee is defending her Master's Research and her plan for PhD Research. When she passes (note the confidence) she will be transferring from her Master's program to begin her next journey into Doctorate work. I am very confident that the weeks of preparation she has done and her love for her work will shine through in her presentation to the 6 members of the committee that will decide her immediate future.

I am so confident that I want to make reservations at the restaurant of Aimee's choice for tomorrow night so that we can celebrate together!

So Aimee.....even if you don't call me before you begin today....I love you loads and send you TONS of Mommy Luck even though I know you don't really need it cause as Rob would say...they just have to look at you, hear you speak for 5 minutes and they will agree that you are going to be introducing the world to wonderful and exciting new research!

Love Mama Dukes
xoxoxoxo

3 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Mommy luck, you are the best Lin!

Aimee is brilliant....make the reservations!

Keep us posted on her results.

8:56 am  
Blogger Aimee said...

Holy pressure....

53 minutes and counting. I was hoping you would have blogged about something funny, like stupid people so I could have a last laugh before the grilling. But thanks for the post. I do appreciate the mommy luck. And just so you know...it does work.

P.S. If by some *off chance* I were to fail...I'm blaming you for the embarrassment.

xoxoxo

12:12 pm  
Blogger MP said...

Ooooo I'm not really a mommy but I'm offering MP luck...tons of it. I am SO proud...and she isn't my daughter..I can't imagine how you feel.

12:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home