Monday, February 04, 2008

Computer Crisis

Another great week, off to a wonderful start at the gym this morning.....blood sugar levels totally off the wall still and no amount of being careful seems to be helping. (are you hearing the sarcasm!?!?!?!)

So track and monitor and this will be an issue the Doc is gonna have to assist with. I'm truthfully behaving myself.

Busy day at work.....to many things to do and not enough hours in the day. It doesn't help that I know I'm away for 2 days at a conference and I have client appointments each and every day! This just adds to the excitement.

Tonight we made Shrimp stir fry for dinner, served on a bed of rice...(half cup to be exact) and I couldn't even eat all of that! Pills are still making me feel funny but this too shall pass they tell me.

Aimee is busy working on her PHD applications due on Friday and 7 and 1/2 pages out of 10 pages into it her computer crapped out!

Diagnosis......NOT GOOD....HARD DRIVE DONE like dinner!

Now Aimee is generally very good about backing things up on her external hard drive and thankfully 2 years of work is not lost. However...PHD application not saved. We called Dell and they were unable to assist except to offer a new hard drive covered under warranty.
I called a company in town and they told me that they would analyze and estimate data retrieval for between $400 and $4000 all done within 6-10 weeks. Hmmmm, lots of money for little help. I called in a favor from a great friend that plays pool with me and he came over and laid it on the line. Hard drive is toast and nothing he brought with him was even recognizing the hard drive. He took away the hard drive to see if he could rescue any of Aimee's data off of it. He's actually going to stick it in the freezer as a last resort...something about loosening things up once they shrink that might help?!?!?!?

Good thoughts that whatever our pal George does works and Aimee might be able to sleep between now and Friday!

In the mean time...this is a really busy week for me and likely little time for updates.


So to all my friends....Have a Fabulous week!
TTYL

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

I don't think I keep anything on my computer that I would FREAK if the computer died..Almost all my photos are on line..other than that I don't have important shit. The worst thing that ever happened to me was when my email crashed at work, that SUCKED...

..the freezer..what a Fonzie thing to do

3:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home