Friday, April 25, 2008

Good Help is sooo hard to find!

Over the past few months we've been interviewing and gathering estimates from contractors for the renovations that we would like to begin May 2nd!

We've found a bathroom guy and we have tentatively booked him for the last week of June (that's the earliest he could start). He provided great references and he does great work. He really gave us a warm and fuzzy feeling right from the word go. He sat his 6'4" hulk on the side of the tub in my bathroom and gave me the bad news....likely mold behind the walls of the tub surround, floor rot from all the water damage, bad plumbing etc...and then he gave us some pretty excellent ideas...but I haven't heard back from him for sure on timing so...we'll keep looking for others.

Finding a good contractor for the deck....a little more difficult. We've got a ton of companies lined up to give estimates but nobody seems to be coming through very quickly. We even had one of the big guys (you know the guys with the orange aprons!!) come last week but we haven't seen the estimate yet...

I just want it to be done so I can be sitting in my patio, doing my crossword with hubby and relaxing in my hot tub!

Patio door gets installed on May 2nd and it's gonna look like this...

I'm excited about this. It's the first step and a good one at that!

We'll keep you posted! If I remember I'll even get some pictures of the progress and post it.

Weather is beautiful here....hope you are getting the same! Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

OMG...the contractors game. I bet it is a nightmare. We've got a guy coming about our deck...let you know if he is good.

I love love love the doors.

Good luck and let me know when it's ready. I'll waddle my pregnant ass over.

1:41 pm  
Blogger MP said...

I have to get our bathroom done SO bad..we're going to have the same issues I'm sure of it..bleh..I keep putting it off.
You will for SURE have to do before and after shots of the bathroom too!!

10:07 am  
Blogger Aimee said...

Wow, those doors are nicer than the ones I saw...are these the exact ones?

May 2nd is sooooo soon!!

It's hard to believe it's actually happening. I look forward to the aftermath

10:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aimee-they are the exact doors
MP-will be sure to do before and after of everything...already have before pics of the backyard
Kate-your pregnant self is welcome anytime!!

10:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home