Friday, May 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Aimee!!!


25 years ago today I was up getting breakfast for my one year old daughter and suddenly it happened....that first pain, the one you feel and you know that something wonderful and exciting is going to happen. Always knowing at the same time that pain is ahead....great big horrible pain.

That's why they call it LABOUR! It's gonna be hard horrible pain.

As the morning moved on I decided to call my sister-in-law to come and get the little one and take me to the hospital to check and see if things were for real and not just giving me practice for the real thing.

Jennifer the oldest was so excited! At a year old, all she knew was that she was going to have a baby brother or sister. I was scared and excited!

My husband at the time had just started a new job and he was at his new job and I didn't want to call him until it was absolutely necessary.

I laboured away until I couldn't take it anymore and the nurses decided it was time to give him a call so he could be there to see his baby born. Luckily, this baby was practical from conception and she courteously waited until it was his lunch time to make her arrival into the world. Daddy arrived, a couple of good hard pushes and into the world came my FAVORITE MIDDLE DAUGHTER AIMEE!


Aimee has become a beautiful, wonderful caring daughter. She is as practical, hard working, extremely brilliant and wonderfully funny! Aimee is loving and extremely thoughtful and yet at times she can be wickedly sarcastic.

She has made me smile since the day she tore into my life 25 years ago!

Happy Birthday Baby Girl! Your Mama Duke loves you loads!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Oh congrats on the 25th birthday of your Aimee. I love her too.

8:58 am  
Blogger Aimee said...

Thanks mama dukes, I love you too!!

9:52 am  
Blogger MP said...

AWWWWEEE>.

Happy BDAY Aimee!!

and Happy Mother's Day Linda!!

12:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home