Monday, July 07, 2008

Lovin' Hot Tubbin!

Ta Da!!!


There it is folks! The moment I've been waiting for since the snow began to melt! On Thursday afternoon the hot tub was finally delivered. This picture is hubby having a beer after work at 7am Friday morning. That's right a beer! He deserved it! A long night at work followed by a cold beer or two in the hot tub, that is the life!

The construction of the deck was less than smooth. The company I hired were less than professional, in fact anybody reading this in the GTA stay away from RENOCLUB! They are slow, unprofessional and not cheap! The only good thing about them was the carpenter they sent. The carpenter and his crew did an extremely good job. The deck is well constructed. The carpenter finished his part on time considering all the mix ups (remember the posts!!). The clean-up took an entire week to get done! In fact, we did most of the clean up and just left it on the side of the road for the company to finally come and get it. My bathroom guy helped!

Oh, my bathroom guy! I'm in love with my bathroom guy!! Stan called me and wanted to start my bathroom project 4 days EARLY! That's what I said....EARLY! The bad part is I couldn't let him because my deck still wasn't complete and I was in contractor hell! I really didn't think I could handle the stress of one more contractor in my midst. He agreed to start last Monday. We are one week into living without a main washroom and not only have we not killed one another but we've made a new friend in Stan! Stan has come to my rescue to stop the leftover insanity from the other idiots. He assisted me in readying the backyard (by hauling leftover materials, garbage and stuff the other idiots still hadn't taken) for the delivery of the hot tub, he fixed my overflowing kitchen sink, all the while completing the first part of a very nasty bathroom demolition! To give you an example of how wonderful and thoughtful Stan is....he worked very hard to get all of the mold and rotted stuff out of the bathroom and ready for tub install within the first week so that we could actually take a bath in our new soaker tub!! That's right, first week all the rotted removed, all the new electrical, new plumbing, new water resistant drywall membrane (I dunno, I'm not a bathroom renovator!!) stuff put in so that me and the girls could get clean in the bath! According to Stan we should be totally complete this week except for the granite counter top that can't be measured until the vanity is installed on Wednesday. Hell, no sink....piece of cake....we've been without a shower for a week.

I have pictures and I will post them when I have some more time!!

Have a great week folks!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO jealous of your hot tub. We have fallen in love with our bathroom plumber, Mitch. What is it about those guys. We spent our 4th of July holiday w/ Mitch the plumber and his buddy as they tore out all of the pipes in our basement and bathroom and replaced w/ stuff that doesn't leak. Shit ain't cheap is it?

2:10 pm  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Yeah frick'n Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that this project is finally finished for you to enjoy. I suggested working from home a little more, this deck and all it's glory, bets the cubie farm.

9:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home