Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Posts in.....posts out and other stuff

So let's see where we were.....this time last week we were ever so excited because the posts were completed and we were awaiting the amazing carpenter that was going to create my masterpiece. Last Saturday morning, Hubby and I were sitting in our backyard admiring the posts when up pulls a truck with 3 guys to the front of our house.

It's them! They had finally arrived! I was sooooo excited! The deck was finally just a few nails short of complete!

Yeah, not so much! Carpenter and his crew load all of the materials into the backyard and then they begin to measure and discuss and suddenly there was silence and head shaking. :(

That's right folks! Why should anything be easy for me? The sub-contractors that installed the posts were idiots and according to the Carpenter they were all wrong! Not aligned, all different heights and all in need of being dug up to start again!

Can you say F*CK?

I can! In many different tones and levels of loudness!

Yesterday they dug up the posts, they dug new holes (that are like 4 feet wide and 4 feet deep!) making my backyard look like moonscape! Honestly, who could dream up this shit! This morning the inspector came to re-inspect the holes and everything is fine. Apparently the Carpenter is coming to frame the deck and put up the fence tomorrow and will finish it on Thursday....

I'll believe it when I see it!

Today our new stainless steel Weber BBQ got delivered! Yay for that! We won't be using it until the deck gets done but....well it's gonna be nice to look at!!

On another unhappy note, I've booked the appointment for our poor old girl to be put to rest. She's doing some crazy shit that can't go on much longer. In her vomit the other day we found an old washrag that she had eaten! She's sleeping in my closet and because she doesn't want to go downstairs to relieve herself, she's just going and doing both on my side of the bed on the opposite side of the room. Now we have no carpeting, just hardwood; but I object to getting up to go pee in the middle of the night and stepping in wet or squishiness, if you know what I mean!

So tomorrow at 3:30 pm we will say our final goodbyes and wait with her as she goes for her final sleep.

I'm very sad and yet relieved that she won't be suffering anymore!

This weekend is a long weekend for me and I soooo need it. I've arranged for DD#1 to stay home for the weekend and watch over DD#3 and make sure she gets to work and back etc....so that Hubby and I can go away to a friend's cottage for the weekend.

So, a very busy week ahead, leading to another busy week next week when bathroom reno's begin and the roof gets done!

Maybe some time I'll be able to really enjoy all this new stuff at home! Maybe.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

I am hopefully and keeping my fingers crossed that the deck will be in and done by the time you arrive back from the cottage.

I am sorry to hear about the old girl. It is such a hard decision, but in your heart the right one. My strenght and support goes out to you today.

Huggs and Love
Me

10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home