Sunday, December 03, 2006

Martha Stewart Move Over.....

So now, with the Christmas shopping officially in the bag, it was time to do some of the other things associated with Christmas, like decorating the tree...and I'm so fricking ahead of myself this year, that was done in October. Hmmmm...what next, well the only thing left was baking and I haven't baked in many years. In fact the last time I baked was for a Christmas cookie exchange where I baked 12 dozen of one type of item and came home with 12 dozen different types of cookies.

Colleen asked me sometime in November if I wanted to do a baking afternoon. We went to the apple orchard earlier this year and once we had picked our fill of apples we baked a few pies. IT was a good time and I figured what the hell, let's give it a shot. We both chose some recipes and bought the ingredients to make a double recipe of our liking so that in the end we would both have one of each of the items we chose. We were definitely a little too ambitious!

Here's what we made:

1) 4 dozen buttertarts
2) 2 containers of chocolate fudge
3) 2 jujube loafs
4) 2 containers of peppermint bark
5) 2 pans of Raspeberry Coconut bars
6) 10 dozen decorated sugar cookies
7) 2 containers of toffee nut crunch
8) 10 dozen Raspberry Jam Thumbprint cookies

6 hours, 4 very sore feet and 2 very sore backs later.....we had some happy campers at our house. It might be a chore keeping this stuff till Christmas.

See, this is one of the many problems with getting all this stuff done too early!!

TTYL

4 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

mmm...I'm going to be soo jelous of the tasty snacks in 11 days when I can't eat anymore. Having throat surgery might be a blessing. I'll avoid the holiday 25.

9:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well aren't you just a suzie homemaker!

8:12 pm  
Blogger MP said...

Are you sure you aren't Irish and 81 years old?? If not you should be cause you are making me feel guilty for being such a slacker!

8:55 am  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

I am so proud of your two. I love to bake. It sounds like you may have made a bit of a tradition.
I will be starting my baking neek week.
Happy holidays to all.

P.s.
I am a little pissed about you having your shopping done...you are certainly one up on me.
Kate

10:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home