Thursday, November 23, 2006

Going someplace???

Until today I have been relatively certain that I have a freakish fear...then I read this comment from an anonymous contributor on another person's blog .


"My biggest fear, is being lost. I rarely travel alone, and I won't at all if the distance is great and I do not have anyone to meet me at the destination point. I'm on the brink of panic every time I fly alone, both in the departure airport, as well as in the destination airport, and the feeling doesn't subside until I see for certain that I am truly at the correct gate, or when I see my friends waiting for me when I arrive.

Oddly enough, I am not afraid of being lost when I am with someone, so I guess I should qualify my original statement to: I am terribly afraid of being lost alone."


OMG!, that is me! That's why I don't like to travel to unknown destinations for work related meetings without being armed with a) a map from Google Maps and one from MapQuest cause you never know which might be right! b) a full tank of gas c) a fully charged cell phone and d) the route advice from anyone that will give it!

This is why I've never gone exploring malls and other destinations on my own.

When doing things that require distance and travel into the unknown..you will never see me do it on my own. I will always have a travel companion. When I have a companion, I'll travel anywhere we want or need to go and I'll even put on the VERY brave face so you will never guess that my heart is racing, my palms and brow are sweaty and gross! I mean really, what would happen if I broke down? My bravery definitely increased when my vehicles birth years started with the "200x". In fact, I think I may have even suggested a road trip or two! If you have someone with you in a time of crisis it's just easier to have to be the strong person that can deal with things...they are standing beside you to bear some of the burden!

Today, my boss was getting a report card from a client on my ability. I've been cranky most of the week because I've known this was coming! It's funny, because I know that I'm pretty good at doing what I do....but man, that's a whole other fear. Anyway, the Boss came by and apparently, I'm doing okay and the client is pretty happy with my level of service.

See on the outside I appear to be very strong and on the inside....MUSH!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course they were happy with you---you're just that fantastic!


btw--thanks for my turkey day wishes! Hugs to everyone!

11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home